• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Making pasta in a roaster oven?

cuterlt

<font color=green>DH will do the laundry...when no
I am making lunch for my staff on Monday - spaghetti and meatballs. I have two large roasters and was going to use one for the sauce and meatballs. Can I boil water in the other roaster and cook the spaghetti? I don't want to have to do 5 batches of spaghetti (feeding about 25 people), so I thought this might be easier. But can you actually boil water and keep it at a boil in a roaster?
We do not have an oven at the office, only outlets. Do have a small, but icky microwave.
Or do I have to bite the bullet and just cook the pasta at home and bring it in?
Thanks!

I would cook at home. then bring in.(and while I never would say this normally how about quick drops of olive oil on the cooked noodles)
Where do you work that you are making spaghetti and meatballs for lunch? sounds like my kind of office!

Under cook it just a bit , a little oil , put it in the fridge & rewarm it with hot water.

Kae

I'd cook it in a pot of boiling water the night before, and use the roaster as a warming oven with a bit of olive oil on the pasta to keep it from sticking. If it cooks in it for like 4hrs, I would think the pasta would get over-cooked and horrible mushy and nasty.

Well we bought a HUGE stockpot to cook the spaghetti in. On sale at Macy's for $8.99! I want to try to do it all in one batch. Will probably make it the night before and then heat it up in the roaster right before lunch.
Java - I try to do a nice lunch every year for my staff as a thank you. We are very underpaid and overworked government employees who have to deal with some of the worst stuff.... Last year, lunch was prime rib roast, carrots, potatoes and onions in the roaster. This year I had to do a little cheaper.

Thanks everyone!

I am making lunch for my staff on Monday - spaghetti and meatballs. I have two large roasters and was going to use one for the sauce and meatballs. Can I boil water in the other roaster and cook the spaghetti? I don't want to have to do 5 batches of spaghetti (feeding about 25 people), so I thought this might be easier. But can you actually boil water and keep it at a boil in a roaster?
We do not have an oven at the office, only outlets. Do have a small, but icky microwave.
Or do I have to bite the bullet and just cook the pasta at home and bring it in?
Thanks!

I would cook the pasta at home the night before. Cook it as you would any other time. Drain the pasta and immediately rinse it in cold water. This will keep the noodles from sticking together and keep them from getting all starchy. Then, make your meatballs as you would in your roaster at work the next day. Add your pasta to your meatballs and sauce, when you feel it is the right time to get them nice and warm before you feed your co-workers. It should turn out just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter