Making calls from Disney Dream to LA?

ohman

Earning My Ears
Dear all:

First I checked with the FAQ but couldn't find the answer. My mother-in-law who won't be going on to the Disney Dream cruise with us, are not in a good condition (she is 82 yrs old). So while we are cruising, my wife might have to call her (in LA) from time to time. Just wondering how the calling rates are calculated while we are onboard, and whether there will be a period that we could still get some signal (while the ship is near Port Canaveral or Castway Cay, etc.) through our cell phone carrier (T-Mobile)??? Any experience about this? Also while we are at Nassau, would it be possible to buy a phone card or something like that to make an international phone calls back to LA? Many thanks!

You will pay 2.99 for cellualr at sea, no matter who the carrier is. If you use the room phone is it 8 bucks a minute. Once the ship gets out of the shipping lames, you will probably be using the CAS. I am sure you can buy phone cards in Nassau, but it may be cheaper to use your cell phone, call T Mobile and ask them if your phone will work and what the per minute rate will be for calling from the Bahamas. Castaway Cay, I think there may be a land signal, but you would be roaming internationally just like in Nassau.

If you turn on your phone to make the call, be careful depending on the type of phone you have. If you have a smartphone that gets e-mail, when you turn it on to make that specific call, you could automatically incur data fees for the e-mails or texts that you receive. I know there are way to prevent this - just be aware!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter