Making Bead Bracelets to sell......

PigletsPal

<font color=darkgreen>Lives in HURRICANE ALLEY<br>
I've just started making "Name" Bracelets and alot of my co-workers want me to make them one. How much should I charge? Since I don't have alot of supplies I've been charging them $50 over what the supplies come to, but should that be only for 1 name and charge them more for additional names.
I don't want to sell myself short but again I don't want to charge too much and lose out on a sell.

TIA

PigletsPal said:
I've just started making "Name" Bracelets and alot of my co-workers want me to make them one. How much should I charge? Since I don't have alot of supplies I've been charging them $50 over what the supplies come to, but should that be only for 1 name and charge them more for additional names.
I don't want to sell myself short but again I don't want to charge too much and lose out on a sell.

TIA

Do you have a picture of a finished bracelet that you could post? What kinds of beads are you using? That seems sort of expensive if the bracelet is just a simple stringing bracelet. But if it's woven, or if you're using alot of expensive gold, silver, gemstones, etc. it may be an okay price. How did you decide on $50 over supplies? I've been doing jewelry and other bead projects for commission and shows for several years, and I don't know of very many bracelets that would come to over $50.

They are sterling silver and Swarovski crystal. To make my own 3 strand with names it cost me in supplies alone $91. I would post a picture put don't have a clue how to do it. I picked $50 really off the top of my head since I have to design it and the time it takes to put together which can be a couple of hours plus my time in the bead store picking everthing out or it if ordered from an online site then the time spent there.

I've really had no one complaine of the price I charge I just didn't want to short change myself either. So I guess will stick with what I'm doing since it seems to be working so far.

Thanks for replying.

PigletsPal said:
They are sterling silver and Swarovski crystal. To make my own 3 strand with names it cost me in supplies alone $91. I would post a picture put don't have a clue how to do it. I picked $50 really off the top of my head since I have to design it and the time it takes to put together which can be a couple of hours plus my time in the bead store picking everthing out or it if ordered from an online site then the time spent there.

I've really had no one complaine of the price I charge I just didn't want to short change myself either. So I guess will stick with what I'm doing since it seems to be working so far.

Thanks for replying.

I think if you are in a market that will pay $50 plus supp, then you are doing great!

Oh! I wish I could see a picture of one! Where are you getting your supplies? I really don't recommend shopping for beads at a bead shop. Most bead shops are way overpriced. How many beads does each bracelet use? Are you using 4mm bicones? I'm on DH's computer right now. When I get back on my computer today I'll send you a list of some of the places that I shop for beads online! Hopefully it will help you keep your supply cost down. :teeth:

Does it cost you $91 in supplies to make one bracelet??? If so then why are you only charging 50 bucks??? Doesn't sound like you are making much of a profit if the supplies cost more then you are selling them for.

That would be great Amanda thanks. I've used ArtBeads.com but they take over a week to get supplies. And yes I'm charging $50 over the supplies.

Thanks again everyone for your replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter