Making ADR for more people than needed?

dres40

Mouseketeer
OK, I know this may be wrong, but I could not get an ADR at Park Fare for 3, but I could for 5, so I took it.
It's for my DD 7th Birthday.
Will that be a problem? Will they still seat us when we show up with only 3?

I will be sure to give the server an extra big tip.:thumbsup2
Thanks!

This seems to happen a lot and honestly I don't think it's wrong but that's my opinion. I have heard of times when people attempted to make an ADR for 1 but coulud not and were successfully able to make an ADR for 2. It seems like the online ADR system is flawed still.

The opinion on this is pretty varied and can get very hostile but this is how I look at it. If you call a restaurant and they have a table big enough to fit your party you should get it. That means if you are a party of 3 and they are out of 4 person tables but have 5 or 6 person you should get it.

I don't think people should made multiple reservations and take away dining options from other guests but since you are going to use the reservation I think you are ok.

I made an ADR for 5 at 1900 Park Fare in October, when I only needed 4. Noone even batten an eyelash at checkin....and we were seated 20 minutes before our scheduled time.

It depends on your conscience. Lying to get what you want is OK in some people's eyes, not OK in others.

I personnally hate lying, I just can't do it. Try calling back and canceling 2 from the reservation. You should be able to do it without a problem. You'll feel better.

If you can't, it is not a big deal. It's your child's birthday. Enjoy your meal.

I really feel for you.

I have skipped ADR's before, when we just didn't feel like going. That is worse than showing up with less people.

Good luck in whatever you decide, no judging from me!

Thanks for the replies...

I will call and try to cancel two from the reservation, but I will keep it if I can't.

I don't usually do this, I’m much more a planer and make my ADRs way in advance but our plans changed last minute. I had an ADR at CRT, but we are not going into any Disney parks this trip.
I always make sure to call and cancel my ADR's if I not going to use them.

You all are really helpful!

Please let us know if you were able to drop 2 from the reservation, it may be helpful to others!

I did it and personally don't care what others think...I had the dining CM TELL ME TO do it ,I booked a party of 4 ( I only have 3).It was either this or no special dinner for my daughters 6th bday.The ONLY thing she asked for for her BDAy was dinner at the Garden Grill.I don't book multiple adrs, I don't cut in line or save spaces, I don't pool hop, and I don't re-use old mugs.Surely the Disney gods can overlook this teeny transgression:rotfl2:

I did it and personally don't care what others think...I had the dining CM TELL ME TO do it ,I booked a party of 4 ( I only have 3).It was either this or no special dinner for my daughters 6th bday.The ONLY thing she asked for for her BDAy was dinner at the Garden Grill.I don't book multiple adrs, I don't cut in line or save spaces, I don't pool hop, and I don't re-use old mugs.Surely the Disney gods can overlook this teeny transgression:rotfl2:

Well said!! Thanks.

Just called Disney and was able to change to 3, no problems.
CM said it would be an issue only when increasing party size, not reducing.:cool1:
Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter