4evermerida

Earning My Ears
Ok so I have been tasked with giving my niece (12 years old) the best and full Disney experience. Our trip is scheduled for October 7th till October 12th. I was hoping for your opinions on the “starter” plan for now.

Back Story:
So originally my sister, niece, my sister’s roommate, and the roommate’s daughter were going to arrive late afternoon of the 9th with park days being the 10th to 12th. I was going to arrive the 7th at 5:30am, at the airport, for two to three solo days on the 7th to 9th. This will be my first time back in about 15 years. The original plan was I was going to solo for three days, stay on campus, and then meet them at a park on the 10th. I would then move over to their condo till the 12th. They will be on Military Salute Tickets, the roommate is military. I will be on an annual pass as I have three trips planned with different people in the next year. Note: The roommate and his daughter will mainly be off doing their own thing except the first day of the tickets.

Our dad is also joining in, and possible my mom, will also arrive on the 7th but were looking at visiting my mom’s uncle before coming up to Disney on the 9th.

My dad told my sister about my plan prior to their arrival day and they discussed about having my niece join me for two of my solo days so she could have the full Disney experience. They will pay for a room upgrade, I am staying at the All-star resorts so possible a move up to a moderate or deluxe through I will be suggesting just to the Animation resort so we can use the sky liner, and are talking about me taking her to MNSSHP and/or doing a character breakfast.

The NEW plan:
Day 1:
I arrive on October 7th at 5:30am at the airport. I will take the Magical Express to my resort. I will leave my bags at bell service and bus or Minnie Van over to Magic Kingdom. About 1pm I will uber to the Character Warehouse and Publix then Uber back to the resort for some down time. That evening I plan to go to EPCOT to enjoy Food and Wine Festival.

Day 2:

Option 1:
My niece will join me this day from the morning on. We go to Animal Kingdom in the morning. Downtime in the afternoon and then over to Hollywood Studios.

Option 2: I go to Animal Kingdom in the morning and then downtime in the afternoon. My niece joins me and we go to MNSSHP, enter before the party starts.

Day 3:

Option 1
(if we do MNSSHP) Do Hollywood Studios in the morning and try to get boarding passes for the whole group. This will be the first day my sister and Dad join us through they still want to give us some space till Saturday, Dad wants to go to EPCOT this day with my sister. Down time in the afternoon and then either back to Hollywood studios or another park. I am trying to avoid EPCOT till Monday as I have heard and seen on vlogs how busy it is on the weekends during Food and Wine Festival.

Option 2 (We don’t do MNSSHP): Go to Magic Kingdom. Down time in the afternoon and then to Hollywood studios(?). I know this night is also a party night.

Day 4 and 5: I don’t know what to plan for these days. We will still have the 60 fastpass window on day 4. I do want to do Animal kingdom at night at some point and Hollywood studios in the morning for a boarding pass.

Day 6: Garden Grill Character Breakfast or The Riviera Character Breakfast/Brunch? (I don’t want to do any buffet. I and my sister both prefer sit down all you care to enjoy.) Epcot Day with possible time at another park. It looks like everyone will either have flights the next day or drive home the next day.

This is the tentative plan. Any suggestions? Suggestions on resorts? I have not been back to Disney World for about 15 years, when I was in middle school. I am a big Disney buff through and understand all of the changes just haven’t had a changed to experience them yet. Also under a lot of pressure to make this a really magical time for my niece. Thank you for your help.

Ok so I have been tasked with giving my niece (12 years old) the best and full Disney experience. Our trip is scheduled for October 7th till October 12th. I was hoping for your opinions on the “starter” plan for now.

Back Story:
So originally my sister, niece, my sister’s roommate, and the roommate’s daughter were going to arrive late afternoon of the 9th with park days being the 10th to 12th. I was going to arrive the 7th at 5:30am, at the airport, for two to three solo days on the 7th to 9th. This will be my first time back in about 15 years. The original plan was I was going to solo for three days, stay on campus, and then meet them at a park on the 10th. I would then move over to their condo till the 12th. They will be on Military Salute Tickets, the roommate is military. I will be on an annual pass as I have three trips planned with different people in the next year. Note: The roommate and his daughter will mainly be off doing their own thing except the first day of the tickets.

Our dad is also joining in, and possible my mom, will also arrive on the 7th but were looking at visiting my mom’s uncle before coming up to Disney on the 9th.

My dad told my sister about my plan prior to their arrival day and they discussed about having my niece join me for two of my solo days so she could have the full Disney experience. They will pay for a room upgrade, I am staying at the All-star resorts so possible a move up to a moderate or deluxe through I will be suggesting just to the Animation resort so we can use the sky liner, and are talking about me taking her to MNSSHP and/or doing a character breakfast.

The NEW plan:
Day 1:
I arrive on October 7th at 5:30am at the airport. I will take the Magical Express to my resort. I will leave my bags at bell service and bus or Minnie Van over to Magic Kingdom. About 1pm I will uber to the Character Warehouse and Publix then Uber back to the resort for some down time. That evening I plan to go to EPCOT to enjoy Food and Wine Festival.

Day 2:

Option 1:
My niece will join me this day from the morning on. We go to Animal Kingdom in the morning. Downtime in the afternoon and then over to Hollywood Studios.

Option 2: I go to Animal Kingdom in the morning and then downtime in the afternoon. My niece joins me and we go to MNSSHP, enter before the party starts.

Day 3:

Option 1
(if we do MNSSHP) Do Hollywood Studios in the morning and try to get boarding passes for the whole group. This will be the first day my sister and Dad join us through they still want to give us some space till Saturday, Dad wants to go to EPCOT this day with my sister. Down time in the afternoon and then either back to Hollywood studios or another park. I am trying to avoid EPCOT till Monday as I have heard and seen on vlogs how busy it is on the weekends during Food and Wine Festival.

Option 2 (We don’t do MNSSHP): Go to Magic Kingdom. Down time in the afternoon and then to Hollywood studios(?). I know this night is also a party night.

Day 4 and 5: I don’t know what to plan for these days. We will still have the 60 fastpass window on day 4. I do want to do Animal kingdom at night at some point and Hollywood studios in the morning for a boarding pass.

Day 6: Garden Grill Character Breakfast or The Riviera Character Breakfast/Brunch? (I don’t want to do any buffet. I and my sister both prefer sit down all you care to enjoy.) Epcot Day with possible time at another park. It looks like everyone will either have flights the next day or drive home the next day.

This is the tentative plan. Any suggestions? Suggestions on resorts? I have not been back to Disney World for about 15 years, when I was in middle school. I am a big Disney buff through and understand all of the changes just haven’t had a changed to experience them yet. Also under a lot of pressure to make this a really magical time for my niece. Thank you for your help.

I would definitely consider switching to AoA or Pop to take advantage of the Skyliner. It will make traveling to DHS and EP so much easier (and fun, IMHO!). Just a note, at Pop, if you book a preferred room, you will be closer to the Skyliner and the lobby area. The LM rooms at AoA are slightly further from the main areas and Skyliner.

For a first trip, I would recommend fitting MNSSHP and a character meal in your plans. In terms of Garden Grill vs. Topolino's at RIV, it really depends on your character, atmosphere and food preferences. We love them both for different reasons. You can't to wrong with either. If you do not switch to AoA or Pop, I would do GG, however as getting to RIV from All Star would require lyft/uber/Minnie Van if you want direct transportation.

I would definitely avoid the weekends at EP during F&W. We were there on a Saturday during F&W last year and it was absolutely mobbed.

I love MNSSHP so it's always a must-do for any Fall trips. You may want to consider bringing something to dress up for the party if you think she'd enjoy that (or you too!). I don't know how well you know your niece but I'd talk to her to see what she is most interested in and go from there. Is she excited to see character? Is she one of those kids that has a swimming pool as their #1 priority? If it was me I'd have a hard time deciding whether to try to plan around things she would uniquely enjoy and wouldn't get to do once her family arrived vs. trying to see "more" of what is in the parks that she may not have time to do.

I love Pop - great resort and the sky-liner addition makes it even better.

Will the ticket situation work out for the advanced plans (in particular, Day 2 and Day 3 morning)? You said your sister's party will be using military Salute tickets. Depending on where it was purchased, the military member may need to be present to activate it for your niece.

As for what to do -- it's been a long time since your last trip and her first visit. I'd focus on doing the parks, forget trying to fit in "special" experiences. I think it will all be special and magical for both of you.

Some thoughts. How will your niece get to Disney World from the airport? Does the roommate have to be there at the park for your niece to use the Military Ticket? I've never used them, so don't know the rules.
Is your niece a Disney Fan? She may be at the age where Art of Animation decor may be too young for her. All Stars Sports are great, especially if she plays sports.

Or get a All Stars Music Family room. It has a microwave and fridge. Here is a video.
It will cost more than reg room, but most rooms don't have eating supplies. You might think about using Dis's travel agency, Dream Unlimited Travel. They don't charge, and are experts. A Disney trip can be overwhelming.

But above all else, have a great trip!

Last edited:

Back Story:

The NEW plan:
Day 1:

Day 2:

Option 1:

Day 3:

Option 1

One note Mnsshp is on the 9th not the 8th I believe! I just looked because we are going on the 9th

I would definitely consider switching to AoA or Pop to take advantage of the Skyliner. It will make traveling to DHS and EP so much easier (and fun, IMHO!). Just a note, at Pop, if you book a preferred room, you will be closer to the Skyliner and the lobby area. The LM rooms at AoA are slightly further from the main areas and Skyliner.

Very good to know. I thought the All-Stars resorts were not that far away from the Skyliner. I will look into AoA and Pop now. The preferred room sounds like a nice perk and would be very nice after a long day out in the parks.

I don't know how well you know your niece but I'd talk to her to see what she is most interested in and go from there. Is she excited to see character? Is she one of those kids that has a swimming pool as their #1 priority? If it was me I'd have a hard time deciding whether to try to plan around things she would uniquely enjoy and wouldn't get to do once her family arrived vs. trying to see "more" of what is in the parks that she may not have time to do.

My sister is 12 years older than me and I am 12 years older than my niece. We have been slowly bonding over the last couple of years, we are about the same age my sister and I really started to bond, but this will be the first time we will have so much time to bond. According to my sister she is really interested in the characters. My sister and our dad will be doing more people watching than anything so they full encourage and expect my niece and I to go off on our own even when they are in the park with us. Talking about it more we are going to meet up for meals and maybe some rides together but otherwise my niece and I will be off doing stuff without them most of the time.

Will the ticket situation work out for the advanced plans (in particular, Day 2 and Day 3 morning)? You said your sister's party will be using military Salute tickets. Depending on where it was purchased, the military member may need to be present to activate it for your niece.

They will be adjusting their arrival date to the 7th with first park day on the 8th for the roommate, his daughter and my niece if my niece joins in with me. The roommate and his daughter have separate plans basically except for the day they need to activate the tickets and staying in the same condo.

]You might think about using Dis's travel agency, Dream Unlimited Travel. They don't charge, and are experts. A Disney trip can be overwhelming.

I fully plan on using them for my section of the trip, the on campus section. With my work hours and the huge time difference from where I am and Florida they will be a godsend for me.

One note Mnsshp is on the 9th not the 8th I believe! I just looked because we are going on the 9th

I just checked they are doing a party on the 8th and 9th. Thank you for your concern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter