Makin' Memories... A PTR for a 2022 Thanksgiving Trip. (hopefully)

It looks like a great plan and kind of how we tour at WDW. I like the idea of flying in Friday afternoon or evening and I’m set on that plan next trip. Ive seen a few reports, including yours, that have done that and it seems much better for us. This way we hit MK bright and early and will be rested and refreshed.

We usually get the 6 am flight out of Philly and go straight to MK and stay the whole day and then we’re exhausted the next day. Last trip day 2 was almost a disaster because of this so lesson learned. So this will be a nice change. Now if our flight gets in early enough I may stop into the MK and watch HEA (I think it’ll be running by late 2022) and have a bite to eat but that’s it.

Will you be getting park hoppers??

Well, It's official!

I cancelled the Thanksgiving Trip. :( It just makes the most sense... Andy wants to actually have Thanksgiving with family. And it's hard to argue with that after the last year. Maybe Thanksgiving 2022? Who knows?

It's ok, I booked us for the first week in Feburary. It will feel SO good to go at our usual time! February this year was rough not going! So, in that sense I think it makes the most sense. So, I changed the name of this pre-trip report...

I know it's not exactly the same but the anticipated crowds for Spring Break was starting to give me the shivers. I know it will be different at the end of the year. But it just feels better to be not even worrying about holiday crowds.

I went in and booked park reservations, out of crazy planner mode. It's way to early, and I am sure some will change. Hopefully I can post my initial plans soon!
Your plans sound great! February is an awesome time to travel. I really wish I could go then but I am tied to school holidays as a kindergarten teacher.

I am still holding out hope for August but we have no word yet as to when our border will open. Then Bill and I have a trip planned for just before Christmas. I am planning for March Break in 2022 as well but am worried about crowds too. I really love Flower and Garden though....it's hard to know what to do. Maybe a more resort centred trip with just a couple of park days? We will see.

Sad to hear you all moved your trip but totally understand why. I'm shocked that Casey doesn't seem to care too much about the mask. But we'll see. Gonna try Busch Gardens next weekend as a primer.

Glad you are happy with your new trip, looks like you have a great plan already.
Thanks! Now, the hard part, waiting!

Isn't is wild to be making park reservations so far out?! I made a few for our December trip right away when we booked it, which felt SO insane to me. I only did the ones for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve because I knew for sure where we would want to be! But, now that it's "closer"
It really is! I got slightly freaked out with all the talk about Spring Break Crowds this week. Which I know is silly for a Feb 2022 trip. But hey, I can, so I might as well! And you def should! @lesleywake said she grabbed mostly Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios as those are the parks that usually get blocked out. Which is smart.

Parks and meals look great. I hope everything is open by then and more back to normal.
Let's hope EVERYthing is closer to normal soon.

We usually get the 6 am flight out of Philly and go straight to MK and stay the whole day and then we’re exhausted the next day. Last trip day 2 was almost a disaster because of this so lesson learned
That is what we did the day after Thanksgiving. WE left the crack of dawn on Black Friday and it was an exahauting day! It is hard not to go hard when you get there!

Also it's so nice to be able to plan something again, even way in the future!
Right? Plan anything!

All caught up finally! Sad to cancel Thanksgiving but February will be here in no time and hopefully things will be even closer to normal by then!
Welcome back! I saw you are back to work?

Maybe a more resort centred trip with just a couple of park days? We will see.
I would totally take a resort centered trip at this point. I could just eat my way around the whole resort!

I've only done Ohana once and it was like 20 years ago. The meats hold zero interest to me but man I could so go for a bowl of wings, pot stickers, and noodles. I'll have to go one of these days just for that.
I remember you saying that. I personally go for that platter and my Lapu Lapu Drink! Andy loves the meats. But they are hit or miss on doneness. Which makes sense, they are giant skweres, it depends who is coking them. It's funny, we had this reservation a couple times, and it always ended up getting cancelled for one reason or another. And then the first time we went Andy didn't know what to expect and LOVED it. The same with Hoop Dee Doo!

I'm shocked that Casey doesn't seem to care too much about the mask. But we'll see. Gonna try Busch Gardens next weekend as a primer.
I will love to hear how your trip goes! We are getting our 2nd shot the first day of the girls Spring Break here. So, now we will have to see how we feel after the shot if we decide to do anything or not.

I just found your TR and I'm soo glad I did!! I would like to nominate myself for your TPA help group.... :wave:

It appears that the other night I created a new Disney spreadsheet that I use for planning our upcoming trips. I used to print them and bring them with us but now that we have the MDE, I don't need that paper copy but I do love seeing our plans on paper...

however, I don't have a trip planned..so I'm not sure WHAT trip I was planning for... :scratchin:confused3:crazy2:

I DO want to go in January 2022 and then in October 2022 but so far DH is NOT on board as we went in Oct 2020, Dec 2020 and then Feb. 2021 - we had lots of DVC points to use so why not???

right now he is "Disney-ed out" and needs some time to recover before committing to another trip....:rolleyes1

Thanks for having me in your TPA and reading along on your TR!!

I just found your TR and I'm soo glad I did!! I would like to nominate myself for your TPA help group....
Welcome to the club!!! :welcome:

however, I don't have a trip planned..so I'm not sure WHAT trip I was planning for...
I mean, I guess it doesn't matter, planning is half the fun.

right now he is "Disney-ed out" and needs some time to recover before committing to another trip...
I get that! That is where the boards help me out! My DH will get that way, and I find that I need to "go dark" on talking about trips to let him have a breather. I turn here to share and ask questions instead!

Hello Everyone! Happy Saturday!

It is a beautiful day here in South Jersey.

Gwen and I played a little "Saucier Croquet" Which is basically just trying to hit the ball as far as possible. And I might take the girls a little later to the new boba tea place later. We went for the first time the other day and for $5 you get a HUGE cup. I joked that the tiny one they got at EPCOT was probably the same price. (or possibly even more)
Untitled
I mean look how big that thing is! Also, I totaly told Gwen to smile when I took this picture. Oye.

So, I had asked my sister awhile back if her and her husband would be intrested in going to Disney with us. And she said possibly. And yesterday I was texting with her about a number of things. And just mentioned that I had booked us a trip for us to Disney in February. And she said that she would love to come as well, but Gwen needs to talk up Disney to her husband.

Which I of course mentioned to Gwen and she is up to the challenge!

My sister's husband is a big animal guy. He loves zoos. So, I know he will love Animal Kingdom. So, I know he would enjoy all of that park. He will also def want to got to Galaxy's Edge! So, I told Gwen she needs to talk up both of those.

And I can talk up some of the better restaurants to them. They are both "foodies" and I think there are a few restaurants that I can woo them with.

WHICH got me thinking about how I could tailor the trip if they decided to come with us! Yeah! more planning! I really am part of the TPA!

So, on that note, what restaurants, should I consider to add in? Jiko if it opens before then? TIffins? I already have California Grill on the list. And I think they would enjoy Homecom'n, BOMA or Sanaa.

I have also always thought we would stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge if they came with us. Which I can def still look into if it opens. But I do think Yacht Club would be good for them as well. The location would be nice for them and they would enjoy the pool. Actually, they probably would enjoy a cabana rental day with us, for a relaxing day non park day.

I am excitied just thinking about it!

A great turn of events! I don't have any restaurant suggestions, really, but all of your choices sound great. And AKL sounds like it's right up your BIL's alley.

Sounds exciting to be planning a trip with family, esp ones that haven't been! Always a challenge to plan a trip that will meet their specific needs and personalities. :) I'm sure Gwen is up for the challenge!

A great turn of events! I don't have any restaurant suggestions, really, but all of your choices sound great. And AKL sounds like it's right up your BIL's alley.
I feel like I have thought about them coming off and on for so long, I know exactly what they will like! So, I still have no planning to do!

Love the restaurants at AKL!!!
I am looking forward to trying Jiko one day.. One day! Or BOMA for breakfast!

And here to read about plans!
Welcome!!!

Sounds exciting to be planning a trip with family, esp ones that haven't been! Always a challenge to plan a trip that will meet their specific needs and personalities. :) I'm sure Gwen is up for the challenge!
Gwen is def my partner in crime for planning and all things Disney.

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Sorry that I haven't been around. There just isn't much to plan! Go figure!

Next Saturday, my sister and husband will be down for a visit! So, Gwen and I can start laying the ground work on the trip!

The ironic thing is, I don't think I want to tell the girls about the trip until I am 95% sure we will be going. And I def kind of want to keep it a surprise if my sister does decide to come. I think it would be fun to surprise them with us just running into them somewhere. Like have them just sitting in the lobby when we arrive. Or just bump into them in the Orlando Airport!

I just wanted to share something Andy said yesterday. He is eyeball deep in planning for his office to start having people go physically back in the office. And we were talking about how all of this really will change how offices are run and working at home and all of that.

I said, it's like the scene in Caroseul of Progress where he talks about the Rat Race. This whole situation will create a new work environment and mentality to commuting. In which Andy replied that Disney needs to change the last scene to a household of everyone working from home with there kids learning from home. And the chaos that ensues with that. But with the Uncle still living there and in the bathtub!

I don't know but I just got a good laugh out of visuallizing this as the last scene in COP.

I understand the craziness of this time of year! On one hand it seems like you never have time to stop and relax after spring break, but on the other hand you just keep wondering if the end of school is ever going to come!

So sad you guys had to cancel your November trip, but I'm sure you'll have a great time in February too!

I just wanted to share something Andy said yesterday. He is eyeball deep in planning for his office to start having people go physically back in the office. And we were talking about how all of this really will change how offices are run and working at home and all of that.

I said, it's like the scene in Caroseul of Progress where he talks about the Rat Race. This whole situation will create a new work environment and mentality to commuting. In which Andy replied that Disney needs to change the last scene to a household of everyone working from home with there kids learning from home. And the chaos that ensues with that. But with the Uncle still living there and in the bathtub!

I don't know but I just got a good laugh out of visuallizing this as the last scene in COP.
Especially everyone working/studying online and the internet crashes and kicks them all out of what they are doing. I can't tell you how many times that happened to me when we were online for school in January and February. And as of tomorrow, we are back online again......ugh! I feel like this is never ending!

OH!!! And I meant to mention that I started another trip report! This is for our last trip on our annual passes. It was February 2020. We managed to be there about a month before everything really started to "hit the fan".

So, if you want to following along here is the link that new trip report:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...-at-the-time-a-pre-covid-trip-report.3833155/

I will be checking it out! And oh my gosh! I love your husband's idea! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter