Make Your Own Magic! January 2022 Exercise Thread

Congrats to ME and the TEAM for turning Blossom Blue as well as to PollyannaMom, Twilight Sparkle, and piglet1979 for all reaching Original Orange!

I was MIA the last few days as I was in Houston for a sleepover with one of my best friends from college, and I was kind of wiped from all the driving. But I'm back and ready to share more Disney DIYs!

Today, I'll share this adorable Snowgies craft from Frozen!

I'm not the biggest Frozen fan, but I'm a sucker for anything small and cute and I think this craft fits the bill! And this is intended for children, so I hope that any one of us would be able to pull this one off! It's perfect for this time of year--the after-Christmas transition. This is winter themed, but not holiday, so these guys could decorate your home for several months!

I loved seeing some of your plans for the new year, and I will hope along with you, Raya, that your perfect house will come to you soon!

Jan 10 -- 46

Total -- 344/930

I made myself get on the treadmill yesterday. I did not want to at all. I have been dealing with some sinus headaches. But I got on and just did a slow walk and did 16 minutes longer then I planned.

Today and am still dealing with the headache along with issues with DD being sick for 14 days now. I had to run around trying to get her medicine the doctor wants her to take. That took up my lunch time (this is when I get on the treadmill). I have a hair appointment after work so I will have to fight my inner self and get on when I get home. I am determined to get at least my 30 minutes in.

Yay for Me, Bethislucy, sophy1996, and Raya for all becoming Original Orange!

In honor of the overwhelming Orange color shift today, how about we look at a copycat recipe for a classic? The citrus swirl!

This recipe looks pretty simple, only calling for a few ingredients: frozen orange juice, sugar, and heavy whipping cream.

I'm not sure how close of a match this recipe is and even if I made it, I still wouldn't know since I've never had the citrus swirl in the parks! Have any of you tried it? If so, what do you think of it? How does it stack up against the famous Dole Whip (which I have tried)?

Jan 10 -- 46

Total -- 344/930

I made myself get on the treadmill yesterday. I did not want to at all. I have been dealing with some sinus headaches. But I got on and just did a slow walk and did 16 minutes longer then I planned.

Today and am still dealing with the headache along with issues with DD being sick for 14 days now. I had to run around trying to get her medicine the doctor wants her to take. That took up my lunch time (this is when I get on the treadmill). I have a hair appointment after work so I will have to fight my inner self and get on when I get home. I am determined to get at least my 30 minutes in.
I gave a like for your progress, but I'm sorry your DD has been ill for so long. I hope she gets better soon.

Congrats to ME and the TEAM for turning Blossom Blue as well as to PollyannaMom, Twilight Sparkle, and piglet1979 for all reaching Original Orange!

I was MIA the last few days as I was in Houston for a sleepover with one of my best friends from college, and I was kind of wiped from all the driving. But I'm back and ready to share more Disney DIYs!

Today, I'll share this adorable Snowgies craft from Frozen!
View attachment 637710

I'm not the biggest Frozen fan, but I'm a sucker for anything small and cute and I think this craft fits the bill! And this is intended for children, so I hope that any one of us would be able to pull this one off! It's perfect for this time of year--the after-Christmas transition. This is winter themed, but not holiday, so these guys could decorate your home for several months!

I loved seeing some of your plans for the new year, and I will hope along with you, Raya, that your perfect house will come to you soon!

My daughter would have loved doing this when she was younger! They are very cute!

Yay for Me, Bethislucy, sophy1996, and Raya for all becoming Original Orange!

In honor of the overwhelming Orange color shift today, how about we look at a copycat recipe for a classic? The citrus swirl!
View attachment 638162

This recipe looks pretty simple, only calling for a few ingredients: frozen orange juice, sugar, and heavy whipping cream.

I'm not sure how close of a match this recipe is and even if I made it, I still wouldn't know since I've never had the citrus swirl in the parks! Have any of you tried it? If so, what do you think of it? How does it stack up against the famous Dole Whip (which I have tried)?

I've never had a citrus swirl, either, but I will make it a goal to try one on our upcoming trip.

OMG. I have no minutes to report for today, but I want to talk about the heaven in a cup that is a citrus swirl. First off, there are actually two on the menu. You want the original citrus swirl - the 1971 recipe, which is frozen OJ on one side and vanilla soft serve on the other. Not the current new style 'creamsicle' orange-ish soft serve and vanilla soft serve. Without the tart of the orange juice, the creamy vanilla gets lost. Tragically, when I was last in the World (8/21) they said they no longer served the original due to supply issues. It was still on the menu, so I hope it'll be back some day. 😍 the Citrus Swirl!

Oh and fun fact - you can't get them in any other park than the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. They tied into the Orange Bird and the citrus growers of Florida back in the day.

Hi all- just catching up after a few lazy days. 60 minutes over the last couple of days - 15 on the hated Nordic trak, but a lovely 45 at the beach today - taking advantage of a relatively warm day. (80/500).
How I would love a Citrus Swirl right about now! Our February trip has been canceled because of my husband's issues (no news there - he's had every scan known to man and nothing shows!!!! I know that's good in a way - but they still want to start treatment so we're very confused as to what to do). On a better note, I have booked November for (what else!) Food and Wine! Hoping we can get down to our happy place sooner than that.

Raya - good luck with the house hunt!
Piglet - hoping your daughter is well soon.
Elizabeth - I'm going to make those snowgies next time I'm with my granddaughters! They'll love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter