Major travel alert for those heading to Logan airport!

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
Especially if you have an early morning flight the next few months...

I-93 Overnight Closures Twice Each Month Planned
MassDOT is scheduling complete overnight lane closures twice each month on I-93 beginning tomorrow night, Tuesday April 3, at 11:00pm.* The closing schedule follows:

I-93 Southbound closed on the 1st Tuesday of each month from 11:00pm to Wednesday at 5:00am
I-93 Northbound closed on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 11:00pm to Wednesday at 5:00am

The overnight closures are part of MassDOT's enhanced maintenance schedule of Interstate 93 through Boston and will impact overnight traffic on Interstate 93 and inside the O’Neill Tunnels two overnights each month.**

“The complete lane closures will allow MassDOT to perform its routine maintenance quickly and in the safest manner possible by eliminating traffic. Crews will have unrestricted access to center lanes that are challenging to reach with the single and double-lane closures that overnight commuters are accustomed to seeing,” said MassDOT Highway Administrator Frank DePaola.

On the first Tuesday night of each month, I-93 SOUTHBOUND traffic will be detoured off of the highway at Rt. 38/Mystic Ave onto surface streets and allowed to re-enter I-93 Southbound in the vicinity of South Station. Traffic destined for I-90 Westbound will access the I-90 Westbound on-ramp just south of Kneeland Street. This closure gives maintenance crews access to the Lower Deck, Zakim Bridge and O’Neill Tunnel Southbound.

On the third Tuesday night of each month, I-93 NORTHBOUND traffic will be detoured off the highway at Exit 18 (Mass Ave exit) to Frontage Road Northbound. Ramps from Frontage Road Northbound allow traffic to get to I-90 Eastbound (Logan Airport) and I-90 Westbound. I-93 Northbound traffic will continue on Atlantic Avenue and re-enter I-93 Northbound at the on-ramp near TD Garden. Traffic destined for Route 1 Northbound (Tobin Bridge) should stay on the surface streets and access the Route 1 Northbound on-ramp in City Square.

Maintenance crews, contractors, along with State and Boston Police will begin set-up for the closure on Tuesday evenings at 11pm. The full closure will begin at midnight on Wednesday and last until 5am Wednesday morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter