mainstreetmegastore.com

Kimkie

Earning My Ears
I read about mainstreetmegastore.com on this site and it was even giving a discount to DIS users, so I visited and placed an order. That was six weeks ago and my order is still 'BEING PROCESSED'. They have taken my money and have sent me back exteremly sarcastic emails to my enquiries as to when I will recieve my goods. They were meant to be my anniversary gift, needless to say that date is long gone! Has any one else had problems with them or is it just me? I am being patient but I still have no idea when my goods will be despatched and they have the use of my money meanwhile!!

Have you received your goods yet? I am on their mailing list but it doesn't sound like they offer a very good service.

Helen

Hi Dixie 2000,
I have recieved my goods now, actually sooner than I expected, but I was surprissed to see the printed price on the packet as $19.95 when I had paid $34.99. Hmm. Did I feel peeved!

What a bumer :(
The last thing I ordered from America was a snowglobe from the Disney Store, it was followed quickly by an invoice for the duty, oh well you live and learn. I do love my snow globe though ;)

Helen

Hi Dixie 2000,
I'm a bit of a doll fan and last year I ordered a doll on sale from the States, £27 actually a really good buy, then the postage doubled the cost as it was in a lovely case. OK I thought, it's still a good buy as it was so cheap in the first place. Then it was delivered and UK customs charged me£29 import duty, even though it stated clearly on the outside it was worth less than that. I was absolutely shocked, I couldnt believe this one thing had cost me £100. I have not repeated that mistake, but it is a shame as there are so many lovely things out there that are not avalible over here. I still go on the web sites occasionally just to dream !!

I feel exactly the same, I wouldn't order anything else either. The duty includes the postage and this will quite often push it over the limit and the Duty kicks in. My worse experience was when I bought a Swarovski Mickey Mouse on eBay and the seller was in America, she did not tick gift but merchandise and I got a whopping bill :( never again.

I saw an add for that store and when I checked the merchandize it was very expensive. Even more so than in the parks. I saw a DVD there I bought at MGM for about $20-$24 dollars for sale there for $35.

Hi 4greatboys,
that's probably the one I just paid $35 for, I couldn't believe it actually had $19.95 priced on the back when it arrived!!! I shall not be purchasing from them again. We had just come back from WDW and I had the blues and thought it would be nice to see it all again, but the dvd didn't really show all the things I like best, like the main street view, frontier land etc. What I love is all the atmosphere and the general look of the place, so my purchase was a dissappointment all round really!

I know it's annoying,just put it down to experience.I ordere my DS an animated lamp from the Disney store in the US for last Xmas,it cost about $60 I was charged about £40 when it arrived,I was annoyed but decided not to order from the US again!:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter