MainStay Suites in Kissimmee

Hi I am wondering too - my very best friend is taking her 1st ever trip to Disney the begin of Oct and staying here with her DD's dance team.. Thanks for any input.. Michelle

It sucks!

Don't go there! I went there and it was soooo crap! The 'breakfast' is terrible and the people are really moody!!

Donna
xxx

Oh no can you tell me more details and how long ago you were there??

bigsis1970 said:
Oh no can you tell me more details and how long ago you were there??

We were there for a week. There's not much to tell really apart from the so called "breakfast" was stupid...everyone was like, "is this it?" it was basically just a room with about 2 drinks machines, and some weird muffins and stuff in wrappers. I didn't eat breckfast the whole time i was at that hotel, i just had some orange juice.

We found the receptionists very moody too

The rooms weren't exactly attractive either to be honest but the bathrooms were ok

Donna
xxx

Okay - decided to chance it. All I can say is YUCK!!! Thankfully, we stayed on our points so I didn't have to pay for it. We stayed there the first night of our trip before going onsite and the last night of our trip after our cruise. The first night was AWFUL!!! First, the receptionist tried to charge me for the room - showed him that it was supposed to be under my points (had a confirmation letter). He didn't care, said I would have to talk to the manager in the morning. It was late, we were tired, figured I'd hash it out the next day. Luckily, the clerk the next morning looked in the computer, said it plainly showed reserved under our points (not sure what his problem was), but she fixed it.

Anyway, the room itself - GROSS!! Both times, the rooms smelled awful. Very moldy, mildewy. Both my son and I have allergy problems. Within an hour, my eyes were watering. My son woke up the next morning with red eyes, sneezing fits. Our allergy medications got us back under control so that it didn't ruin our trip, but had we not been checking out the next morning anyway, definitely would have changed our plans.

The tub was actually sticky on the bottom. My DD likes to sit in the tub, and I wouldn't let her, no way!! There was actually dried, spilt shampoo in the shampoo ledge, and it wasn't the same color as hotel shampoo - so it had to belong to the guest before us. The vanity light wouldn't come on (flourescent light - just flickered the whole time).

The rooms themself have an awesome arrangement, but they need a good cleaning!! I'm not picky about hotels - we travel alot - and I just can't see spending a fortune on a place to just sleep, but this one was gross!! I couldn't understand why a suite was only 6000 points - now I know.

Hi!

Is this the Mainstay Suites @ 4786 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy. Kissimmee?

Well, I am presently holding a reservation for this place but will promptly cancel them! Sounds like a dump!

mmluvr said:
Well, I am presently holding a reservation for this place but will promptly cancel them! Sounds like a dump!

Honestly, it was really dirty. I promise I'm not just a snooty person. :snooty: We typically stay in Quality Inns and Comfort Inns, so we're not "fancy hotel" people.

I'm assuming you're looking for a suite - here's a few more in the area.

Quality Inn and Suites Maingate East
http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en...&exp=&scity=Kissimmee&sort=&nadult=1&nchild=0

Comfort Suites Maingate East
http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en...&exp=&scity=Kissimmee&sort=&nadult=1&nchild=0

Comfort Suites Maingate

Quality Suites Maingate East
We stayed at this one a couple of years ago. Honestly, I wasn't entirely pleased with it either - leftover food under the kitchen table, refrigerator door wouldn't stay shut - but I never felt dirty walking out of there.

Good luck!

I appreciate your thoughts! I originally picked this place because I knew it was a former Residence Inn-I liked the layout and the fact there was a fireplace.

I am looking at other places mostly Townhome or home rentals. Too many choices!!! Thanks for taking the time to answer.

We stayed there the year before last and twice before that. It was a Residence Inn the first year we stayed and the second year it had just turned over like a month before. We drove by it while we were there last week (we stayed on property, but went off one night to Old Town). They updated all the outside paint and added neat little pictures on each building. The people have always been so pleasant when we've been there. The last year we stayed there though, you could tell things were going down hill :( The bath had a leak, the room was infested with fleas....and I don't mean a few I mean like thousands. You ask how we managed to see that many? Well we stayed in that room one night till they had another one available and when we woke up the next morning both our small dogs were absolutely covered with fleas and we folded back the blankets/sheets and they were everywhere....it was like a horror movie. Our dogs stay on Frontline, but with this many fleas it was just impossible and we had to find a place to take them and dip them....etc. The second room wasn't horrible but it still wasn't great and they all smelled a bit musty. We got a GREAT rate the first 2 years we stayed there, but this last year they were really trying to compete with the nicer hotels, bigger rates....etc. It's definitely not worth what I've seen them charging lately.

But all that said, we're really discount hotel people and we've learned to look over older carpet or outdated furniture....etc. We stay at LaQuinta's all the time, and most of them are 2-3 stars with limited breakfast. We would probably stay at Mainstay again if the price was really great, but otherwise I really think there are more updated hotels for the same or a better price. There is a silver lining to the hotel though, a new Super Target is right across the street LOL

TheRatPack said:
But all that said, we're really discount hotel people and we've learned to look over older carpet or outdated furniture....etc. We stay at LaQuinta's all the time, and most of them are 2-3 stars with limited breakfast. We would probably stay at Mainstay again if the price was really great, but otherwise I really think there are more updated hotels for the same or a better price. There is a silver lining to the hotel though, a new Super Target is right across the street LOL

See, that's me too - carpet and furniture don't bother me. But I can't stand dirty!! And the smell - oh my!! - it was bad. I live in FL, I'm used to mold and mildew, but this was awful!

How funny about the Target - my 4 yr old yells the next morning as we're leaving (it was dark the night before when we checked in) - "Look MOM!!! A Target!!!" Same type of excitement as seeing the castle for the first time. It was really funny. I guess poor thing gets dragged there way too often!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter