Main Street open early on MM days for all guests?

Jperiod

I am the rebel spy!
You'd think I'd remember this by now! On magic morning days (7am/8am), does disneyland let all ticketed guests onto main street 30ish minutes early before posted park opening (8am)? Or just non-mm days?

Typically they let all guests in 20-30 minutes early for rope drop and have CMs posted near plaza inn to let those with MM into Tomorrowland.

Do you just show them your room key to get through?
I would imagine, hopefully someone else can verify. I've never shown up after MM started, I've always come in with the big rush from the turnstiles right when it started.

so if you have EMH and say park opens at 8am. EMH guest can enter at 7 am. There is no rope drop at this time. you just walk in down Main Street and to the sections that are open. IF you do not have EMH they usually start letting guest in about 20 30 in early. At that time all lands are roped off. If you had EMH and need to go through a rope off section just show your room key.

Obviously this only works for lands that are open during EMH.

Sort of (but not really) related question. We will be there in January (12th-18th). I know SW:GE is a game changer and so things are hard to predict this far out. But generally speaking, is heading to Fantasyland during EMH a good strategy if I have kids desperate to ride PP, Snow White and Mr Toad? My plan was to knock off PP first thing in the morning during EMH to avoid a bigger line afterwards.

Sort of (but not really) related question. We will be there in January (12th-18th). I know SW:GE is a game changer and so things are hard to predict this far out. But generally speaking, is heading to Fantasyland during EMH a good strategy if I have kids desperate to ride PP, Snow White and Mr Toad? My plan was to knock off PP first thing in the morning during EMH to avoid a bigger line afterwards.
If kids want to ride pp then yes go there first. But I would only do it if it’s a must. If you are not one of the first the line can easily be 20-30 min and there goes most of your EMH. I’m sure you could do those 3 rides during EMH.
During EMH we usually do ST, buzz, Matterhorn, tea cups, and mr. toad. And maybe Alice or Astro blasters if time permits. We like to head over to Pirates and hm right at 8am .

so if you have EMH and say park opens at 8am. EMH guest can enter at 7 am. There is no rope drop at this time. you just walk in down Main Street and to the sections that are open. IF you do not have EMH they usually start letting guest in about 20 30 in early. At that time all lands are roped off. If you had EMH and need to go through a rope off section just show your room key.

Obviously this only works for lands that are open during EMH.

This is very typical of how I have experienced both EMH and non EMH park entry the last few years.

Last time we went, we had EMH and went straight to PP with maybe a 10 minute wait. We used our max pass to get SM, and went from PP to Dumbo to SM. After that we would hit up Buzz and grab FP for Matterhorn, and if you want hit up Nemo on the way (I am not fond of the ride, but the lines can get long). It is almost a back and forth between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland but by that hour, we probably finished most of the biggest rides there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter