mail service

AJ12345

Mouseketeer
how do i stop mail service while i'm away? how early do you have to do this? can it be done online?

You can arrange it online up to 14 days in advance on the US Postal service website. I'm too new here to be allowed to post links yet, but go to the main US Postal service site, then click on "Household" and then click on "Your Mail Service." Then you should see a link for "Hold Mail Service" where you can input your mail hold request. I need to remember to do that myself that next month. Happy planning.

You can also fill out a card at the Post Office to have your mail held.

Every time I have my mail held, I have a problem with the mail being delivered anyway. Regular mailman is out, a sub fills in, doesn't see the Hold notice, and puts the mail in my box. If someone you know will be near your house during your vacation, you might want to ask them to check your mailbox (even if you are having your mail held).

Good point about a substitute mail carrier possibly delivering your mail despite the hold request. I also try to alert a neighbor or nearby relative to check while we're gone in case mail gets delivered anyway, and also check and take down the myriad of pizza, lawn care, and home improvement fliers that always seem to show up on our door or in our newspaper box when we're gone.

as I have had the post office mess up more than once. I check for my neighbors too and pick up any papers or fliers that are thrown in their driveway. Its the neighborly thing to do!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter