Mail from Castaway Cay

mom2lns

Mouseketeer
Anyone know how long it takes for mail to arrive if mailed on Castaway Cay--1) going to Orlando, or 2) going to Wisconsin? We mailed something on 3/24 and something on 3/26 and haven't received either yet.

:scared1:

It definitely takes a while. The last time we went was several years ago but I remember it took at least a month to get our postcards.

Apparently it takes longer than 8 years. We're still waiting for a post card we mailed ourselves from CC when we cruised in 2004. We don't bother mailing them anymore. :rolleyes:

There may be hope....just kidding. We mailed ours to our kids on Feb 3 and got them last Saturday. Ironically, the stamped date on the postcard was Feb 12, maybe the postcards liked CC so much they didn't want to leave....:rotfl2:

Shucks! One of our things was DS's Flat Stanley project for school. I thought there was some special postmark for mailing from Disney in the Bahamas so we mailed it from there on our last day. We should have just carried it with us. Oh well. Live and learn...

Ours have taken anywhere from 6-8 weeks to 6 MONTHS or more! No joke! We mailed some from there back on March 16th and neither my parents or ILs have mentioned receiving theirs yet & they usually do. So we'll see how long it takes this time around. The Post Office on CC was open that day (until 2PM) and the gentleman was hand cancelling them as people were turning their stamped items over to him, so hopefully they went out later that day after the PO closed and he got back to the main island or on the next day. *fingers crossed*

It took ours about 8 weeks to arrive to Connecticut.

I think the post office on CC is definitely on "island time" where there is no rush for ANYTHING.

We have found over the years if we get a postcard that we mail (to ourselves) in less than 2 months, it is really fast delivery. It takes so long that we started a tradition of writing notes to ourselves about the small details that make each cruise so special and mailing them from CC. That way in 2-3 months when we've forgotten about a lot of the things we did, we get a nice souvie that reminds us what a nice, relaxing vacation we had.

So I wouldn't start worrying about a postcard mailed at the end of March until about late June!

I sent 3 postcards and two regular cards from CC on Feb 11th, and the postcards arrived in St. Louis, MO, and the other two cards arrived in Maryland and Brooklyn, NY all on the same day - March 26th. We watched them all get postmarked as we stood there.

Makes me wonder if the mail only leaves CC once every other month or so.

Our postcards took 6 1/2 weeks to get to the US from Castaway. From Grand Cayman it was only 10 days!

Shucks! One of our things was DS's Flat Stanley project for school. I thought there was some special postmark for mailing from Disney in the Bahamas so we mailed it from there on our last day. We should have just carried it with us. Oh well. Live and learn...

What a fun project to be doing postcards for though!:wizard:

Anyone know how long it takes for mail to arrive if mailed on Castaway Cay--1) going to Orlando, or 2) going to Wisconsin? We mailed something on 3/24 and something on 3/26 and haven't received either yet.

:scared1:

It's the bahamas mon!
Tings take a little longer! lol!

It will have a CC postmark when it arrives, but is still in with the snail mail.

Hope it does manage to make it's way to you and the recipients thou! :goodvibes
Better late than never!

Ex Techie :)

About how much does it cost to mail a postcard? I'm trying to figure out how much cash to bring to the post office.

We were in castaway on 2/3 but the post office was closed that day. I really wanted our postcards to be stamped from the island, so I mailed them with the concierge on the boat and they went out the next week. We just received them this week! It was fun though, a happy reminder of our vacation 2 months ago. Island time, I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter