Magical Shoes?

Willabea

Earning My Ears
My girlfriend mentioned the other day that she swears by FitFlops and calls them her "Disney Shoes" because they are the only thing she can wear all day without her feet getting sore. I'm personally a Birkenstock person, but it got me wondering - what other brands do people swear by for WDW walking? Do you have a magical shoe you can't visit WDW without?

Krocs for Rope Drop to close
GoWalk by Sketchers for 6-8 hour day

My girlfriend mentioned the other day that she swears by FitFlops and calls them her "Disney Shoes" because they are the only thing she can wear all day without her feet getting sore. I'm personally a Birkenstock person, but it got me wondering - what other brands do people swear by for WDW walking? Do you have a magical shoe you can't visit WDW without?

I wear rainbow flip flops and can wear them from rope drop to close.

Chacos! Between foot surgery (last fall) and a broken toe (now) they are my magic shoes...they are also recommended by my orthopedic surgeon so that gives them extra magic IMO!

I have seen a brand of shoes KURU . Claims to be great for foot problems .. May try these for Disney trip next year. Has anyone tried these?

My Merrell Azura Wraps. I don't leave home without them.

They keep Plantar Fasciitis at bay and the covered toe saves me when the crowd gets a little too close for comfort and my feet inevitably get stepped on.

IMG_3905.JPG

Last year I discovered Reef Zen Wonder flip flops and I bought a second pair for this year. Crocs, Teva Mush, Skechers knock off fit flops and fit flops but the Mickey pair that I bought a few years ago still gives me a blister between my toes.

They keep Plantar Fasciitis at bay and the covered toe saves me when the crowd gets a little too close for comfort and my feet inevitably get stepped on.

View attachment 247832

Are these good in the rain? We always go in August so I only wear shoes that shed water. The first year my DH made the mistake of wearing sneakers and socks, those sneakers didn't dry out for days.

Are these good in the rain? We always go in August so I only wear shoes that shed water. The first year my DH made the mistake of wearing sneakers and socks, those sneakers didn't dry out for days.

Not like Keen and Teva are good in the rain. But I have gotten them wet.

I take my Keen Whisper sandals for wet days. We travel in late fall so we've been lucky to be dry for the most part.

I have seen a brand of shoes KURU . Claims to be great for foot problems .. May try these for Disney trip next year. Has anyone tried these?

Me. I have a bad Achilles tendon, which means almost-constant pain on the back and bottom of my heel. I don't want to have surgery because of the 8-week recovery time. I had read rave reviews about these shoes, so I bought a pair a couple of months ago. They are great shoes, but unfortunately they have made absolutely no difference in my heel pain. :(

Given the choice of a do-over, I'd save my $140. I guess it depends on what *type* of foot problems you have.

ETA: Sketchers GoWalks have been the best shoe for me, and they are less than a quarter of the price of Kurus.

View attachment 247832

Thanks for that recommendation. I'm fighting issues with PF right now, and trying to find some good park shoes. I may go in search of those! I have had good luck with Merrell shoes in the past.

ETA: Looks like they're discontinued. Not available on Merrell's website, and on Amazon only in sizes 5 and 6.

Last edited:
There are some inserts on the market called SuperFeet that I frequently see at running shoe stores. They help with heel pain quite a bit.

Skechers GoWalk 2 Spark Walking Shoe

I bought the Skechers GoWalk 4 Kindle Walking Shoe for our trip last month and they were not as comfortable as the 2 Spark. The back of the shoe hits higher up on the back of the ankle and rubbed my skin raw. I'm glad I brought my GoWalk 2 Sparks as back-up! And when I got home I ordered another pair.

Thanks for that recommendation. I'm fighting issues with PF right now, and trying to find some good park shoes. I may go in search of those! I have had good luck with Merrell shoes in the past.

ETA: Looks like they're discontinued. Not available on Merrell's website, and on Amazon only in sizes 5 and 6.

Any Merrell with Q-form is what I stick with. But bummed that style is discontinued.

I love my Keen's, rainbows, reefs, and I think I will have to resort to just normal tennis shoes for a few days in October...

Vionics! Both my podiatrist and orthopedic surgeon said they were great. I have high arches that totally collapse and I pronate when standing so the high arch support in them works great for me. My sister found the arch to be too high for her so it really depends on your personal foot structure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter