Magical Express: Where does it stop before getting to AKL?

disney-super-mom

DIS Veteran
I know it's kinda a weird question, but where (what resort) does the Magical Express Bus stop before it gets to the AKL?

We just returned from AKL in January- we stopped at POP Century first, and then Coronado Springs before heading to AKL.

That's how mine went 1st time I stayed at the AKL, but the last time I used ME for the AKL they had WL 1st, Pop 2nd, CSR 3rd, ASMo 4th, and then AKL. It took 1 hr 45 min from the time we left the airport until we got to the lodge. I've been renting a car since that ME trip. I think the service is a great idea, but not for me anymore.

In January 2008 on the way from the airport it was Caribbean Beach, and then AKL, the return was AKL, Caribbean Beach, and Pop Century. We had a senior on board who needed to be met with a wheel chair and our driver took some time at Caribbean Beach to call the airport/airline to make sure he was met at ME. I applauded the delay in this instance.

I guess I was spoiled for our first (and only) use of DME. We stayed at Pop and the bus went there first from the airport. In October, we'll be using DME again and this time we are staying at the AKLV. I am bringing a friend of mine who hasn't been to WDW since the late '80's :scared1:. I would like to get to the resort fairly quickly (our flight comes in around 6:30 on a Saturday night) but I am flexible. I figure that if we have to stop at a few other resorts along the way, it will give my friend a chance to see the variety of resorts that Disney has to offer.

There are no pre-set groupings of resorts. For each run, the driver is told which resorts will be on the bus, but the order of stops is solely the driver's decision.

In other words, no one can tell you exactly how your DME travels will go. I simply advise you to sit back and enjoy your comfy ride to the Happiest Place on Earth!

I'm asking because DH and I are taking our two boys for their first trip to WDW in December (they'll be 8 and 5 when we go) with ressies at AKL, and I'm afraid they'll be disappointed we're not staying at POP when they see it.:scared:

I'm actually even considering switching our ressies to POP because of our boys, but I just can't seem to make up my mind.

You will be fine, all you see if the front enterance, nothing really but that. DD saw it on our way to AKL. With all the people getting off DD said, "Whew, good thing we arent staying here. Look at all the people!" Most of the bus got off at Pop.

We stayed at Pop the next year and she loves it. But she wants the AKL bunk beds to be at Pop with the animals. (Picture that combination!)

POP--CSR--AKL is a common grouping, typically in that order.
That has been my experience as well. Of four trips to POP on DME, only one time was POP last. Otherwise it was POP, CSR then on to AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter