Magical Express to end in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad so many of you are still feeling positive about Disney now - but feel like you are now telling others they can't feel negative about this. If this doesn't impact your view that is awesome but for others it does

I have so much negativity all around me in so many parts of my life I want to look at Disney for positivity - it's why I talk about Disney so often, it brings me happiness, and helps me not think about the real world

So it is tough for me when it feels like negative thing after negative thing related to Disney - streetmosphere is gone, DME taken away, shorter hours, Tron delays for years, etc.

It just sucks when the think that so often brings you happiness is now just adding to all the other negativity

If you aren't impacted by it or are still able to focus on the positives that is awesome, but it is also ok for others to not feel that way right now

I'm glad so many of you are still feeling positive about Disney now - but feel like you are now telling others they can't feel negative about this. If this doesn't impact your view that is awesome but for others it does

I have so much negativity all around me in so many parts of my life I want to look at Disney for positivity - it's why I talk about Disney so often, it brings me happiness, and helps me not think about the real world

So it is tough for me when it feels like negative thing after negative thing related to Disney - streetmosphere is gone, DME taken away, shorter hours, Tron delays for years, etc.

It just sucks when the think that so often brings you happiness is now just adding to all the other negativity

If you aren't impacted by it or are still able to focus on the positives that is awesome, but it is also ok for others to not feel that way right now

Where? I've not told anyone they can't feel negative. I've not put down anyone who feels negative. You may take my being happy with or not that upset about a change as putting you down, but that's your feeling, not mine.

I would never dream of telling anyone on the DIS they cannot feel one way or the other. If a topic starts getting to me I take a break from it. I've been around for some doozies and all the people who were raging about those topics still go from what I can see.

I think every negative feeling about DME going away is VALID. My issue is when posters get aggressive trying to convince others that how they spend their money is wrong. That isn't really anyone's business.

I also never want to read the phrases, "bean counters" and "money grabbing" anymore, but you can't avoid that here.

We are all here for the same reason: We love Disney. However, we are still very much in a pandemic that is bringing the travel industry to its knees. To not acknowledge that at all is a bit obtuse.

I don't use DME personally but this seems like a bad move. I know I've told people before how you can fly in and not have to even worry about your bag and they were amazed at it being available. It is a big selling point.

I do still wonder if this may be a negotiating tactic. We saw disney do some similar things with anaheim at DLR. Wouldn't surprise me if Mears due to covid came up with a large number to renew thinking disney would just take it and so disney is calling their bluff. We'll have to wait and see if anything changes.

To cancel something like DME without announcing a replacement (paid or not) just seems very shortsighted. I don't think this story is over yet.

You need to understand Disney senior management HATES the parks but they love the money they generate,

We collectively as customers have shown them over the last decade that we will show up en masse no matter what they cut so they have the illusion that its the power of the Disney 'brand experience' which draws people, In reality of course it's been the 'Disney Difference with all that USED to imply like over the top customer service, plussing everything, and details layered on details. and constantly creating things you did not know you wanted until you saw them'

Now WDW is run as a bunch of competing business units all pressed for performance and at a minimum DME costs tens of millions of dollars to operate, So figuring the customers will come no matter what cutting this sends tens of millions of dollars directly to the bottom line. So the senior park executives get a fat bonus, the rest of Disney's money losing operations get a few more withdrawals from the park ATM and we as customers get bupkis.

Really the only way to save WDW is to not go. And let management know WHY you cancelled that yearly vacation they dont care about you but they do care about dollars going elsewhere.

It's why we sold our DVC it made us very sad but the value was no longer there and we were renting 2 BR's and GV's and the last few trips the properties looked like a rock band had trashed the room a week before and we had multiple broken appliances when we arrived. The sale of DVC financed the purchase of a small plane which we enjoy greatly

I would never dream of telling anyone on the DIS they cannot feel one way or the other. If a topic starts getting to me I take a break from it. I've been around for some doozies and all the people who were raging about those topics still go from what I can see.

I think every negative feeling about DME going away is VALID. My issue is when posters get aggressive trying to convince others that how they spend their money is wrong. That isn't really anyone's business.

I also never want to read the phrases, "bean counters" and "money grabbing" anymore, but you can't avoid that here.

We are all here for the same reason: We love Disney. However, we are still very much in a pandemic that is bringing the travel industry to its knees. To not acknowledge that at all is a bit obtuse.

Trouble is if this were pandemic related the service would be shut down IMMEDIATELY, This is how do we demonstrate to wall st that we will have better returns next year. i.e. financial engineering

Trouble is if this were pandemic related the service would be shut down IMMEDIATELY, This is how do we demonstrate to wall st that we will have better returns next year. i.e. financial engineering

There are contracts in play so shutting down immediately isn't likely an option. However by 22 things should be returning to normal and cutting it then does show it isn't a pandemic thing.

Amen! I don't mind people feeling negative about DME being discontinued. If we used it every trip I may feel the same way. But my issue is the negative people attacking those that are positive, telling them that they are "suckers" and that they should discontinue DVC. I love WDW. My family loves WDW. If you don't and have a severely bitter taste in your mouth, that's fine. But don't tell me I should feel the same way.

You need to understand Disney senior management HATES the parks but they love the money they generate,

We collectively as customers have shown them over the last decade that we will show up en masse no matter what they cut so they have the illusion that its the power of the Disney 'brand experience' which draws people, In reality of course it's been the 'Disney Difference with all that USED to imply like over the top customer service, plussing everything, and details layered on details. and constantly creating things you did not know you wanted until you saw them'

Now WDW is run as a bunch of competing business units all pressed for performance and at a minimum DME costs tens of millions of dollars to operate, So figuring the customers will come no matter what cutting this sends tens of millions of dollars directly to the bottom line. So the senior park executives get a fat bonus, the rest of Disney's money losing operations get a few more withdrawals from the park ATM and we as customers get bupkis.

Really the only way to save WDW is to not go. And let management know WHY you cancelled that yearly vacation they dont care about you but they do care about dollars going elsewhere.

It's why we sold our DVC it made us very sad but the value was no longer there and we were renting 2 BR's and GV's and the last few trips the properties looked like a rock band had trashed the room a week before and we had multiple broken appliances when we arrived. The sale of DVC financed the purchase of a small plane which we enjoy greatly
Disney management doesn't hate the parks. That notion is silly. They've put tons of money in to the parks over the last decade.

I think 2022 is going to bring out the best of all the naysayers (I've personally tried to take a more objective approach). We have much to look forward to beyond what is in-situ regarding the attraction builds.

The good news? We're on the downhill side of the roller coaster for Orlando getting back. Being planted in the middle of the Orlando news, it can be overwhelming and negative. But, those of us that have seen the local stories (not on these boards) has brought out amazing stories of empathy and compassion for the CM/TM/Community. That is how I know the future of the theme parks and community is being positioned for a strong return.

No doubt a lot of us are battle weary, but as for me, I can tell you that central Florida optimism is climbing faster then I have seen since last March.

Not true. Disney didn't run the DME, it was Mears. Mears has furloughed roughly 84% of their employees and have permanently removed around 2,000 employees (I think that was the number I read). The pandemic has severely impacted Disney, as well as the companies with whom Disney contracts. If Disney's contract with Mears runs through 2021, then the timing of discontinuing DME in 2022 makes sense.

Where? I've not told anyone they can't feel negative. I've not put down anyone who feels negative. You may take my being happy with or not that upset about a change as putting you down, but that's your feeling, not mine.

well, that is how your posts are coming across - all about how the magic is still totally here ... it's like no one can feel negative about Disney because you don't - trying to convince people that these changes shouldn't impact their desire to go or not

Might not be how intended but how they are coming across to me ... 100% making me feel that my feelings aren't valid.

I think 2022 is going to bring out the best of all the naysayers (I've personally tried to take a more objective approach). We have much to look forward to beyond what is in-situ regarding the attraction builds.

The good news? We're on the downhill side of the roller coaster for Orlando getting back. Being planted in the middle of the Orlando news, it can be overwhelming and negative. But, those of us that have seen the local stories (not on these boards) has brought out amazing stories of empathy and compassion for the CM/TM/Community. That is how I know the future of the theme parks and community is being positioned for a strong return.

No doubt a lot of us are battle weary, but as for me, I can tell you that central Florida optimism is climbing faster then I have seen since last March.

I thiink optimism is climbnig everywhere with the vaccine starting to roll out. That is what was always going to be needed to get back to normal. We as a society world wide can see aa light at the end of the tunnel now. I hope by the end of this year we hear of the CP and cultural ambassadors returning. Having just come back, world showcase whiile still fun was missing something without people from the countries at the countries.

well, that is how your posts are coming across - all about how the magic is still totally here ... it's like no one can feel negative about Disney because you don't - trying to convince people that these changes shouldn't impact their desire to go or not

Might not be how intended but how they are coming across to me ... 100% making me feel that my feelings aren't valid.
In all fairness, if someone has the right to spew negativity then why shouldn't others have the right to spew positivity? IMO, it helps keep things balanced. As much as it might seem for the DME lovers, the sky isn't falling.

It seems like each side feels that the other is attacking them because a lot of the rhetoric defies the other sides belief. When someone says something like, "There's no value in going with all the cutbacks," that makes someone with a trip on the books question themselves. When someone says "I will still book onsite and I still love the parks," the other side hears that their cares are not everybody's and as long as that is true they will never see the changes they want to see. Neither side is attacking the other, it's just that the feelings are incompatible and we are internalizing it. Most posters here aren't trying to tell anyone else how to feel, but it's natural to hear the remarks and question things.

Last edited:

It seems we are going in circles.

Before it was that we aren't allowed to post about something unless we care about it. Now we can't join in the discussion if we feel positive towards Disney.

Got it.

I read his posts as giving his opinion on things not trying to convince people not to be negative. That is how I read them.

Wow.

Not how I thought I was coming across at all. I can't help if my nature is to be positive. I even expressed I was bummed about losing ME.

Sorry my posts upset you.

Wow.

Not how I thought I was coming across at all. I can't help if my nature is to be positive.
Sorry my posts upset you.

I am glad you are positive, I really am ... but it feels like you are saying others can't not feel that way because whever anyone mentions anything negative you shoot it down and say it isn't what the magic is about, etc.

whatever, like others have said, talking in circles

you all know how I feel and I'll leave it at that

I am glad you are positive, I really am ... but it feels like you are saying others can't not feel that way because whever anyone mentions anything negative you shoot it down and say it isn't what the magic is about, etc.

whatever, like others have said, talking in circles

you all know how I feel and I'll leave it at that

So this feels a bit personal now, so I suggest we do drop it because I will only annoy you further. And you calling me out like this kind of makes me feel like I shouldn't post at all, at least not on the rumors/news boards.

Man, I've had a lot going on in my life lately too, so Disney is also my outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!