Magical Express to end in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The train wouldn't be online by then. Curious if there will be a pay per service, somewhere in the neighborhood of a bigger minnie van.

Seems unlikely. I can see it no longer being free or as convenient. But going away completely, not happening.

I'm hesitating to bite on this one -
One Disney "spokesperson" just said something to someone.

This feels like it should have been an announcement from Disney no?

If this is true - this is shocking and actually will be extremely annoying. I don't care about getting my own luggage, we do that anyway, but one of the best parts of a WDW vacation is taking a vacation from driving.

This is a massive bummer if true.

I have never used this service myself. But before Covid, were the buses empty?

Lol WHAT? This seems absurd to me. What's next, elimination of the WDW bus transportation system altogether? They can also justify that one "as consumer needs and preferences change...."

Yeah, my need of getting from the airport to my resort hasn't changed.

" Yeah, my need of getting from the airport to my resort hasn't changed." That made me laugh! haha

Not sure what the "plan" is here, but maybe I am giving them too much credit for having a plan.

This is a huge bummer if true. Part of why we love Disney is that we HATE driving, especially in unfamiliar places. The magical express, along with other Disney transposition was a HUGE factor in our decision to visit regularly. Genuinely interested in what their contingency plan would be, if there is one.

Ok i saw Scott's tweet about how it's going to be on the Disney Parks blog later -

wow.

In a post vaccine world - people will be traveling. A lot. Maybe more than before at first.

I can see the switch to not doing luggage transfers to and from the airport but my gosh - now imagine the amount of people clamoring to get rideshares or transport services all at the same time. I can't even begin to wrap my head around how much they'll charge now that there is no other option.

They really need to do a better job at anticipating the response from these kinds of announcements so people don’t feel so abandoned. Put out a press release, guide, Q&A, etc. so people who relied on this know what they’re supposed to do in the future. Will the train be open? Do I just have to pay now? Am I supposed to take a taxi/Uber/Lyft? What is their expectation?

Instead, implication from Disney is, “don’t know, don’t care” when they provide no additional information after releasing a statement like this.

tenor.gif

Really hoping this is Disney being Disney and there is a better plan in the future. One of the things that makes a WDW trip worth all the added expense is the ability to check in @ ME and start your vacation right then and there. I would pay for that - but not if it exceeds the cost of a rental car. It's supposed to be a perk of staying on property though. No ME (future), no FP (for now), you'd have a car anyway - what is the point of paying all that extra to stay on property?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!