Magical Express to end in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you contact them and can you give us your contact info as well, I would like to voice my concerns as well.
I just left feedback here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

Not sure it will go to anyone that matters but I feel better for having said something. Hopefully someone gets it though and hopefully enough people say something so they are aware how much of a loss this is for guests. Judging by the volume of responses here, it sounds like most people are in agreement that this stinks.

Huge convenience, but didn’t this already stop since opening post Covid?

I get it but Covid won't be here forever ( in its current capacity), and I have a feeling disney this summer is going to be BUSYYYY with pent up demand ( i booked )

These are just things they are getting rid of forever, not temp. That's the issue. They can't use covid as an excuse for everything

Don't they already charge non-DVC members who rent points?
They quietly changed some web pages to indicate that they would in mid-March. A few people reported getting charged on DVC Fan’s Facebook page. Then like 3 days later the world ended and there’s been no follow up.

Renters on the DVC boards here are still reporting free parking. For how long? Hard to say. It’s unclear if Disney can charge renters for parking; or perhaps it’s better said, it seems pretty clear to many here that they can’t.

They quietly changed some web pages to indicate that they would in mid-March. A few people reported getting charged on DVC Fan’s Facebook page. Then like 3 days later the world ended and there’s been no follow up.

Renters on the DVC boards here are still reporting free parking. For how long? Hard to say. It’s unclear if Disney can charge renters for parking; or perhaps it’s better said, it seems pretty clear to many here that they can’t.
Thanks for the clarification, I thought they always had charged non-DVC members for parking.

It's too premature to announce the demise of the ME, because what if Brightline gets delayed because of infrastructure problems or the pandemic hampers work like it's already done to the Lizzy Line here in England? Then that's additional stress to arrange transportation from MCO, and for families, it's especially going to be an issue. The whole point of an all-inclusive Disney package is to make the vacation less of a stress and more magical, but ending the ME before the Brightline extension is complete is ridiculous.

Thanks for the clarification, I thought they always had charged non-DVC members for parking.
If you pay cash through Disney (e.g. booking online on Disneyworld.com) for Disney’s points they charge you for parking. If you rent from David’s or DVC Rental Store or the DVC boards here, then What I said applies.

It's too premature to announce the demise of the ME, because what if Brightline gets delayed because of infrastructure problems or the pandemic hampers work like it's already done to the Lizzy Line here in England? Then that's additional stress to arrange transportation from MCO, and for families, it's especially going to be an issue. The whole point of an all-inclusive Disney package is to make the vacation less of a stress and more magical, but ending the ME before the Brightline extension is complete is ridiculous.
Bright line is making 1 stop sorta near Downtown Disney and running a handful of trains a day. It is absolutely not intended as a DME replacement.

I really don't think Brightline is what they have in mind as a replacement. It's planned for 2023 right now, but the company has never hit a schedule and the project to Disney Springs doesn't have government approvals. It would also be cumbersome because you'd have to get from the terminal to the train, wait for the train, ride to Disney Springs and then catch a bus to a resort. If they added baggage handling back in to this scenario, you could head straight from Disney Springs to the parks but that's still a pretty complicated way to get there. It would be much easier just to take a car or bus from the airport to the resort.

It seems less and less appealing to stay on site by the day!

No Magical Express
No EMH (30 mins in the morning is far from the same)
No 60 day fast pass privilege
And if I remember correctly, no more magic bands.

Am I just staying on site to save money on parking fees at this point? Bad moves by WDW

No Magical Express

Am I just staying on site to save money on parking fees at this point? Bad moves by WDW
I dont understand the justifiable reasons to stay onsite anymore.

Genuinely gutted about this. Might sound sad but as someone from the U.K. who only gets to go once every few years I used to really look forward to dme as that’s when the ‘disney magic’ of the holiday started. It was also very convenient. Got to agree with others who say that all the little things used to make it easier to justify paying the high prices, but since they keep taking more and more of those away I am starting to more seriously consider staying offsite as much as I love being in ‘the bubble’.

I dont understand the justifiable reasons to stay onsite anymore.
The reason is that it's much closer to the parks and you can take Disney transportation. That's a reason that is justifiable for some.

Also, it looks like the 30 mins in the morning is at every park, not at just one or two parks per day which is an improvement in my book. I expect some fastpass benefit will come back when fastpass comes back.

Huge convenience, but didn’t this already stop since opening post Covid?
I'll be honest, I thought the bag thing was super convenient when it existed. However, after we took our own to the resort during Thanksgiving, it was nice to know the bags were there right away. Not to mention the headache of packing in such a way that nothing "essential" for the first few hours was missed. It's also our biggest complaint about cruising; making sure that everything up to and including dinner essentials are in carry-ons just in case there's a baggage delay.

I am curious - why did they announce it so far in advance? I mean, normally, 2022 bookings wouldn't open up until June. Will they be opening them sooner this year, to try and bring in some extra money?

Lets think about this - how many people used DME in one day?
If memory serves me there are 2.3 million DME passenger trips per year so 6 to 7K per day at an average of 3 passengers that is about 2K extra ride share trips or car rentals

I am curious - why did they announce it so far in advance? I mean, normally, 2022 bookings wouldn't open up until June. Will they be opening them sooner this year, to try and bring in some extra money?

Probably because if they didn't announce, Mears would, so control the message.

No Magical Express

If you drive you have to now pay to park at the resort - so with no ME more people renting cars, more parking fees

I will say that the 30ms every morning at every park is pretty nice in my mid - it's not the same but I can see it being better for some people/worse for others (though big thing is obviously no evening EMHs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter