Magical Express - Split Stay return confirmation confusion?

steve76

Mouseketeer
Hi, I have a split stay coming up. When we booked it (AGES ago!), we used the online system to book the DME for arrival to Resort#1, and for departure at Resort#2.

Immediately after booking, we had two emails saying "thank you for submitting your request" with all the correct details. So far, so good.

Then, 6 months later (!) we received an email confirming the DME for arrival to Resort#1, twice. Identical emails, no mention of Resort#2. No confirmation was ever received for departing the second resort.

I assumed everything was OK, but then I started to get worried, so today I called just to check that the return from Resort#2 was definitely booked. I called Disney UK reservations, who said that they could not find it, so they transferred me to the DME people who said that they cannot confirm anything until we have arrived and have a room number.

Now I'm confused. Is this normal? Do I just assume that we are booked? How can we find out? :confused3:confused3:confused3

[I should add - since we're in the UK we don't get the printed vouchers or tags]

Regardless of whether you are booked or not, once you arrive at hotel #2 you can advise them of your department date and let them know that you will need ME on the date of your departure. No matter what, you will have transportation back to MCO from your Disney resort via DME.

We've booked many trips without DME and have simply added the segment when we arrive as DD loves taking the bus back to the airport. While we don't take it often, if we leave late and don't have late ressies on our departure date, we will do DME by calling the front desk at the resort and scheduling DME.

Just confirming what previous poster said. No need to worry at all, they can even fix it for you easily while you're here.

This happens to me all the time. As long as you have the correct info for your arrival don't worry about all the rest. They can fix it when you get there. It seems every time we have a split stay we end up with multiple airport returns. It will all be fine. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter