Magical Express Ending Service

A small part of me wonders if Disney might be toying with us here. Announce the full cancellation of ME . . . public outrage follows . . . Disney then announces they will NOT cancel ME, it will be available for the low price of $50 per person.

Say they're taking something away, then appear benevolent by returning the service - but at a cost.

They've done it before.

And I would pay this on some trips

Ending Magical Express may be the final deal breaker for us on our 9 day annual trips. We were getting ready to add move DVC points due to the recent point reallocations but not until I see how all this plays out. Our adult kids all fly in from different places and it was great that ME brought them whenever they arrived. Sometimes they only came for parts of trips also. I hate messing with a rental car and driving thru Orlando traffic. Walking to the bus without picking up luggage is great. We have food and beverage delivered and it was a lovely start to a vacation.

We will still go, but not as much. We will cut our days back and spend a few days at Siesta Key. We will also go to Universal more as we really like HP and the onsite perks there are much better. Losing APs have but our extra spring trips on hold.

I know people will still go to Disney and they will not miss me or my money, but I can't justify spending that much more for a lesser product in my head no matter what my hears says.

This!

We usually go every year but that has become every 18 months, and recently, every 2 years. Last trip in Feb 2018, with planned trip in April 2020 canceled by Covid. Sure, part of it is kids are older now but they still ask about the next Disney Trip. I'm just not finding the value I used to, despite having more and more disposable income.

We are scheduled for April but probably going to cancel. I assume crowds will be the same by then , but entertainment significantly scaled back. I hate that they will use Covid as an excuse to take away some of the magic. Next trip April 2022 celebrating the 50th Anniversary of my 1st trip to Disney, and it will be the last one for a while!

<<< Disney then announces they will NOT cancel ME, it will be available for the low price of $50 per person. >>>

No-brainer for Mears to do independently -- Resume (or re-ramp-up) their well known shuttle. Guests just go to the Mears counter when they arrive in Orlando. Except that Mears upon collecting their fare does not send anyone over to "the Magical Express area".

Bonus: If you just collected your bags on the A side you do not have to go up and over to the B side.

Another method if the service still exists: Magical Express remains cancelled but Disney guests are informed of bookable "Disney Cruise Lines transfers" between airport and resorts. (DCL ground transportation, optional extra cost, was a prototype for DME.)

What is the email address for guest relations? I can’t find it in this thread. Thank you

You all took the wheelchair comment out of context. Did not mean disrespect, I understand and realize that some people need to be in them. Not all, because of some selfish reason. What I am trying to say, go to China and look and see how many 1) strollers are in park/mall/tourist area (very very few) 2) look to see how many wheel chairs you see. You will not see a Chinese person in a wheel chair/scooter/hover around. That is a American normality. In China a novelty.
No we just read what you wrote maybe you should think before you post

A small part of me wonders if Disney might be toying with us here. Announce the full cancellation of ME . . . public outrage follows . . . Disney then announces they will NOT cancel ME, it will be available for the low price of $50 per person.

Say they're taking something away, then appear benevolent by returning the service - but at a cost.

They've done it before.
This is actually the most likely scenario. Bob Cheapek monetizes everything and still cuts corners without dropping prices. All about the samolians.

Extra magic hours essentially became DAH and EMM.

Except they still had Magic Hours? They simply augmented with additional paid days. Now both are actually removed for now so the paid offering didn't replace it.

People can argue what is more beneficial 30 mins every park/every day or variety of 1-2 hrs in limited parks daily.

July 8 - 14, 2019 had 9 extra park hours
New system it would be 14 extra park hours

I am sure other times had more hours historically but just randomly looked up a random summer week.

I would like though evening hours but honestly for the "big rides" the first roughly hour is "wasted" anyways since people got in line right before park closing for regular hours. So instead of worrying about it being resort guests only just keep the parks open to normal day tickets later.

People can argue what is more beneficial 30 mins every park/every day or variety of 1-2 hrs in limited parks daily.

July 8 - 14, 2019 had 9 extra park hours
New system it would be 14 extra park hours
Sorry, the math doesn't work here. An individual could take advantage of most or all of those 8-9 extra hours before. If every park opens 30mins earlier every day, an individual can only take advantage of 1/4 of the offering. 25% of 14 isn't equal to 8 or 9.

Honestly, if this is such a big deal to so many people maybe it will be a net benefit to the rest of us.

The most important thing to me when visiting the parks is the crowd levels. If this thread is any indication, that should be alleviated to a certain degree come 2022. Sure, the airport would be more of a hassle, but if wait times are a bit shorter, then its at worst a wash.

I’m not even going to comment on all this cause I’ll get banned for life. Between the season pass craziness. I’m pretty much done. I’m off to go buy my new fishing boat instead of my June trip.

Sorry, the math doesn't work here. An individual could take advantage of most or all of those 8-9 extra hours before. If every park opens 30mins earlier every day, an individual can only take advantage of 1/4 of the offering. 25% of 14 isn't equal to 8 or 9.

Its an assumption someone will take advantage of every hour. There are plenty of people that actually actively avoid the morning hours because they create an increase in crowds that otherwise would be there.

Its the same concept that many times the park that has less hours and an evening party actually has lower crowds all day long so you are better off going there.

Like I said can be discussions on which way is better. If you took advantage of the extra hours every day this will be a negative while if you avoided those morning hours then this would be a positive change.

It would be nice though if they extended it to 1 hour in every park. We will have to wait to see what the reality is when this actually launches and if its truly only 1 hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter