• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Refurb question / Avengers Academy

Footnotegirl

Mouseketeer
I realize there isn't much info out there, but if anyone is privy to casting notices, costuming, hints, gossips, rumor, or rampant speculation ...
Regarding the new Marvel Avengers Academy experience for kids, will Disney be including Superheroines as well as Superheroes? I'm all for Iron Man, Thor, Captain America et al. but for the sake of my daughter, I am also hoping that they will include some female Avengers, like Scarlet Witch, Maria Hill, Mockingbird, Ms. Marvel, Storm (possible issues with Sony?) or even Black Widow (costume issues might be a thing, I know...).
I would really hate for there to be a "girls are princesses/fairies and boys are superheroes" dichotomy or for any girl (or yeah, especially my daughter) to feel that the MAA experience is only for boys.

Footnotegirl said:
I realize there isn't much info out there, but if anyone is privy to casting notices, costuming, hints, gossips, rumor, or rampant speculation ...
Regarding the new Marvel Avengers Academy experience for kids, will Disney be including Superheroines as well as Superheroes? I'm all for Iron Man, Thor, Captain America et al. but for the sake of my daughter, I am also hoping that they will include some female Avengers, like Scarlet Witch, Maria Hill, Mockingbird, Ms. Marvel, Storm (possible issues with Sony?) or even Black Widow (costume issues might be a thing, I know...).
I would really hate for there to be a "girls are princesses/fairies and boys are superheroes" dichotomy or for any girl (or yeah, especially my daughter) to feel that the MAA experience is only for boys.

He he. I wore a pink Princess cape i got at Six Flags (cant believe I had a cape! How handy) with blue tights and a blue t shirt with Supergirl, Wonder woman and Bat girl on it, with glittery makeup to Man of Steel yesterday. Who says girly girls can't be princess and super hero at the same time! Hehe. Or be over 30... BTW no need to comment on the DC verse vs the Marvel verse. Grew up with all of them. This happened to be superman hence the justice girls. Have plenty with the Marvel girls too tho...

Sorry I'm no help to your question. But there were LOTS of girl super hero capes at Six Flags everywhere so I'm there should be plenty of super girls er girl heroes...

I do expect Disney to do it up right, but am a little touchy as it has been Very Difficult to find super hero clothes for my daughter. Old Navy, the official Marvel site, and the official DC site basically carry NOTHING with female superheroes on it for little girls (there's some very minimal Wonder Woman stuff for women on ON and DC). The few times ON has made superhero things for little girls, (I have seen one Batgirl and one Super Girl shirt in the past 2 years) they make them in the wrong colors (Neither Batgirl nor Super Girl use pink and purple in their costumes or logos). There was at least one Avengers shirt I saw that had all of the members from the last movie, including Hawkeye, EXCEPT for Black Widow. It even said "Avengers Assembled" on it... when ... missing.. ARRRRGHHHHH FEMINIST RAGE.
*deeep breath*
So yeah, I worry more than I might otherwise.

The few times ON has made superhero things for little girls, (I have seen one Batgirl and one Super Girl shirt in the past 2 years) they make them in the wrong colors (Neither Batgirl nor Super Girl use pink and purple in their costumes or logos).

I hear you. A few weeks ago I was at Target and was sooooo excited to see a section of Wonder Woman merchandise. They had cups, dishes, bags, etc. EXCEPT THAT EVERYTHING WAS PINK AND PURPLE. Seriously, I had to take more than a few deep breaths to gain my composure.

I hear you. A few weeks ago I was at Target and was sooooo excited to see a section of Wonder Woman merchandise. They had cups, dishes, bags, etc. EXCEPT THAT EVERYTHING WAS PINK AND PURPLE. Seriously, I had to take more than a few deep breaths to gain my composure.
Oh bleepin' bleep bleeperson. Please Write Target. That's just so wrong. Her colors are red white and blue!
Another pet peeve, DC shirts that have Superman, Batman, and ... The Flash.
Nooo, the DC Triumvirate is, has been, and always will be Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.
Sorry, off topic is off topic. :dance3:

It wouldn't surprise me if they don't. I've always been frustrated with how little Disney caters to boys when it comes to costuming. They better love piirates because there's nothing else. I'm so glad that there is finally something. I don't know why they can't just make them all equal. I'm very curious to see how they do this one.

Bonniec said:
It wouldn't surprise me if they don't. I've always been frustrated with how little Disney caters to boys when it comes to costuming. They better love piirates because there's nothing else. I'm so glad that there is finally something. I don't know why they can't just make them all equal. I'm very curious to see how they do this one.

If they own Marvel, Rogue and Storm and Jubilee and Jean and many many should be able to be represented. I would think? Are there any left over when those movies were out a few yrs ago? Ms Marvel Mystique I could go on and on...

I feel the same way about Tink vs Ariel. But I did get lucky and find two at Walmart with the old school poster a few yrs ago and that's how we got matching Lil Mermaid shirts (see avatar) so you got snatch em up when you see em.

Have you tried sites like Zazzle (is it?) or the big ones that have thousands of graphics and you can order them on any style or size shirt or hoodie etc? Also there are a lot of brightly colored girls tights out there, so that is a start for the bottom of the costume. They helped me for my superhero look on sat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter