Magic Key no shows

ButterflyKisses77

Mouseketeer
Has anyone with a Magic Key ever had 3 no shows in 90 days? And if so, what happened.
I have two and worried about getting a third. Obviously I wouldn’t do it on purpose but I live over 2 hrs away and sometimes my plans change morning of or things come up and I can’t go. It’s super frustrating and honestly makes me so mad that we have to deal with this.

My friend did. You get blocked from making any new reservations for 30 days. You can still use existing reservations. (Her passes showed up with red slashes if she tried to reserve days.)

So in your case, if you have a 3rd day where you can’t go, I’d reserve any days you might want to attend over the following 30 days before that day ends and your block kicks in. After 30 days, you’ll be able to reserve new days.

My friend did. You get blocked from making any new reservations for 30 days. You can still use existing reservations. (Her passes showed up with red slashes if she tried to reserve days.)

So in your case, if you have a 3rd day where you can’t go, I’d reserve any days you might want to attend over the following 30 days before that day ends and your block kicks in. After 30 days, you’ll be able to reserve new days.
Thank you Bruno, that was super helpful! 👍

Well on the flip side it is just as frustrating for those that can't get a reservation and that policy is in place to keep people from hoarding reservations for whom it is not a priority to make it to the parks that day.

I think the policy is actually generous...once allows for unexpected things to pop up, twice allows for poor planning, three is a pattern.

Well on the flip side it is just as frustrating for those that can't get a reservation and that policy is in place to keep people from hoarding reservations for whom it is not a priority to make it to the parks that day.

I think the policy is actually generous...once allows for unexpected things to pop up, twice allows for poor planning, three is a pattern.

The problem with the policy is that you cannot cancel same day, so that someone else can grab it. It's stupid. They punish the original reservation holder rather than allowing the spot to go back into circulation.

The problem with the policy is that you cannot cancel same day, so that someone else can grab it. It's stupid. They punish the original reservation holder rather than allowing the spot to go back into circulation.
A reservation wouldn't be needed if it was same day. What would the point of it be?

Well, you can frequently make same-day reservations right now. I do it all the time.

Ask Disney what the point of the system is...
:confused3 Pretty sure there is a "punishment" for no shows because they might overstaff. But I'm not sure there are so many of them that it actually matters.

This. There was a day I was hanging out with friends somewhere else and it was obvious we preferred to stay where we were rather than go into the parks. But in the end, we all basically went to California Adventure to just walk right back out the turnstiles.

The other parks allow same day cancellations so I don't know what game they're trying to play here.

What really made me mad is that I DID scan into the park but the next day (after we already flew home) I was given a ding for a no-show and was not allowed to contest. Great way to treat a guest!

True. Ive tried twice this month to get same day reservations and couldn’t because they were all booked up. SO frustrating, especially when you pay for the Inspire Key because you want to be able to go whenever and not be blocked out.

:confused3 Pretty sure there is a "punishment" for no shows because they might overstaff. But I'm not sure there are so many of them that it actually matters.

But they are staffing based on me coming. If I wake up and I'm not coming, let me cancel so someone else can come in my place. The net number of guests doesn't change. They have already scheduled the staff for that day.

That's not always the case. Some people have health issues that flare up after midnight and they can't cancel. Or a myriad of other things that have nothing to do with poor planning. Sure, some people do have planning problems, but let's not act like everyone is in the same life situation.

That's not always the case. Some people have health issues that flare up after midnight and they can't cancel. Or a myriad of other things that have nothing to do with poor planning. Sure, some people do have planning problems, but let's not act like everyone is in the same life situation.
Totally agree with this. The current reservation system is not friendly to those with disabilities and/or chronic illness. Friends and CMs have told me that they have dragged themselves to the parks in pain and when ill just to go through the turnstiles to avoid a no-show. They turn right around and head home. Ridiculous that there isn't a better option.

Seriously with technology the way it is, WHY on earth is it that Magic Key holders can't cancel their park reservations online???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter