• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Express at DVC?

tinagirl

DIS Veteran
Here's the deal.

We're starting our trip at AsMu with the Express from the airport.

Then we transfer to WLV by renting points. Is there any way that we can still take the Express BACK to the airport?

-T. :confused3

Yes!!! If you don't have a voucher for the ME trip back to the airport, just ask for a handwritten voucher at the concierge desk. No Problem!

We're going to VWL in December --- Grandparents are arriving mid week of our stay. What do I need to do to get them Magic Express from airport to join us?

Also -- we will have a car -- but the other Grandmother will be leaving mid week -- can she just request a ME voucher from Concierage as well?

Do we get luggage tags or something in advance?????

LoveRafiki said:
We're going to VWL in December --- Grandparents are arriving mid week of our stay. What do I need to do to get them Magic Express from airport to join us?

Also -- we will have a car -- but the other Grandmother will be leaving mid week -- can she just request a ME voucher from Concierage as well?

Do we get luggage tags or something in advance?????

Call MS, they will send them/you voucher and the luggage tag. But since you have a car, why don't you pick them up? I heard that some people (especially elderly people) are having some problem using ME.

We are staying in a 2 BR BWV in January, 8 people total. Is Magic express available for all us? Is it free for DVC members? What airlines? We are flying in on Southwest, Jet Blue, and Delta.

Disney's Magical Express (DME) is free to all onsite resort guests. You'll need to make an advance reservation - for DVC members, just do this thru MS- others can all the DME number. They will want your airline and flight info and will send out luggage tags in advance. With these tags, the bags will be sorted before being put on the bag carousel- so make sure you have everything you'll need for the next couple of hours with you. If the tags don't come in time, you can still use the service, but will have to personally collect your bags. Regardless of your airline, you may use this service.

The bus ride is pretty efficient and any carry-ons may be stored under the bus. There are usually no more than 4 resorts represented on each bus- so the trip is quick with no more than 3 stops before you'll be off. The checked bags will arrive separately - usually within a couple of hours of your arrival. They will be delivered to your room.

For the return trip, guests using Delta, Song (and a few more I can't recall at the moment) may leave their bags at the DME desk at your resort and they will be taken to the airport- you won't need to mess with them until you reach your final destination where you'll pick them up at the airport carousel. Guests using other airlines may still use the service, but will have to handle their own luggage- it will be stored on the same bus you ride back to the airport. The bus usually comes about 3 hours prior to your departure time- to allow enouhg time to get to MCO and clear security with plenty of time.

Even if you change resorts during your stay, DME is still available from all WDW onsite resorts without cost.

We have used DME twice so far and found it well run and efficient.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter