MAGIC CANDLE COMPANY SCENTS - UPDATE

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
I need to place a new order so I am looking to get an update on your favorite scents including opinions on the newer scents I may not have tried before.

I started with the wax products, moved to the oils and now back to the waxes as I have large rooms and the waxes seem to work better.

Have you found the waxes to smell any better/different compared to the oils?

I placed an order of 8 different oils after doing a couple hours of research, and my partner and I are incredibly disappointed -- especially considering how much money I paid for them (nearly CA$100 shipped to Canada).

They all smell like unpleasant, cheap perfume. I don't know if the waxes/candles smell any better, but let this serve as a word of caution for anyone considering ordering the oils.

I only ever ordered once from Magic Candle Company. Last year I ordered the orange-scented hand sanitizer, and the smell on my hands was so bad (nasty strong artificial scent) that I threw it out. After that first experience I felt I couldn't trust anything else from the same company.

I feel bad for evryone who disliked the smells. I loved them. I have Bakery, Beach Resort, Haunted, Norway, Germany, and the Avatar flight one.

I was just using one of my oils (Philharmagic Champagne) in a diffuser the other day. While the diffuser was running, it smelled okay but artificial and too strong. However, after the diffuser was turned off, the room smelled magical, just like the attraction.

I primarily crave the Beach Club lobby smell, and their Ocean Resort family is pretty good, but the NatureAnne Green Clover and Aloe is the tops.

Walt’s Office is a little on the sweet side for me, but only by a bit. A really nice blend of vanilla/pipe tobacco/honey - if only it had a note of Black & White Scotch Whiskey, it would be perfect!

I have found the majority pretty spot on.

I feel bad for evryone who disliked the smells. I loved them. I have Bakery, Beach Resort, Haunted, Norway, Germany, and the Avatar flight one.
I ordered some melts and love them too. Waiting to order more until after our trip this spring so I can have a reminder of the feeling of being at Disney after we get back.

After hearing about MCC on the DisUnplugged podcast, I asked for some for my birthday in August. Boy was I happy with what I got! Throughout this season, I have constantly been burning Little Old Christmas Shop. One of my new favorites- I absolutely love how the wood wick sounds like a burning fire. I was also gifted the confectionary scent. During my Disney College Program, I worked in the confectionery- so I'm pretty much an expert on the scent lol. It smells heavenly and brings me back to my 12-hour shifts...This Christmas, I actually got the Popcorn Stand scent. I'm not sure how I feel about it (I've never had a savory candle), but I swear they just melted a stick of butter into the candle. I love the wax products as well! If you haven't tried the lotion and scrub, you definitely should, I recommend the Banshee Flight scent!

My DW orders oils. She loves Haunted Mansion (Vanilla?), Beach Club and Soarin' Over Fiji. The Fiji scent in my opinion is underrated. I love it, but I love the Orange Grove of the original Soarin' ride.

I've gotten some of the melts. I like the scents but they don't seem to last as long as my other melts. And when I go to take the melted "tart" out of the holder of my warmer, it doesn't come cleanly out and leaves a waxy residue that I have trouble getting out. Has anyone else figured out how to better remove them when they are ready to be replaced?

I think we must have just about every scent from there. The Philharmonic Pie and The Flying Over Orange Groves are our favorite!

I've gotten some of the melts. I like the scents but they don't seem to last as long as my other melts. And when I go to take the melted "tart" out of the holder of my warmer, it doesn't come cleanly out and leaves a waxy residue that I have trouble getting out. Has anyone else figured out how to better remove them when they are ready to be replaced?
I just dump mine in the trash while it's still warm and melted.

Polynesian is my favorite…. Wilderness lodge is my second. I think they are spot on.

@Communicore1991 I don't use Magic Candle melts, but I do use paraffin melts daily. One method is to turn warmer on just until wax "slides out" easily, but before it starts to liquify. I prefer to use cotton balls to soak up all the wax, and remove that way - you can also do this on any residue. Or if you have a "waxident" :o or residue after doing above, rubbing alcohol on a bit of cotton or a paper towel works nicely - just don't use on any "painted surfaces" without testing first, and don't use a lot at a time. Those are my methods. :)

Last edited:

I put mine in the freezer for a bit and it pops out as a solid puck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter