• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands when you rented a room through DVC points?

ryan r

Earning My Ears
Hi- This is my first time renting a room through DVC points. We have our reservation and are 70 days away from our stay. I realize I need to buy tickets to the parks to set up fast passes. I was going to buy them through undercover tourist since it is cheaper, however, I don't get magic bands through them. Do I get magic bands through my reservation, or since I rented through a member, do I need to buy magic bands separately? And would it then just be more prudent to buy our park passes through disney themselves to get magic bands?
Sorry, so confused. Thank you!

MagicBands are provided for free for any Disney Resort Reservation (including DVC). Once the room reservation is linked to MDE, there should be an option to customize them on the MagicBands & Cards page.

Once the reservation is linked on My Disney Experience, go to My Account > Magic Bands & Cards. The first thing should be "Your Orders." This is where you customize them as a renter.

Thank you! So it will be ok to buy the tickets from another site, I'll just link everything through my disney experience. And how do we get the magic bands? Do they send them to you, or do you pick them up when you check in?

I was going to buy them through undercover tourist since it is cheaper, however, I don't get magic bands through them.

You never get bands because of a ticket purchase.

You get bands from an onsite stay.

If you live in the US, once you customize the bands on MDE they will be mailed to you. If you live elsewhere you’ll pick them up at the resort.

I assume you already have this trip linked to MDE as that’s the only way you’ll get to do FP+ at 60 days.

Thank you! So it will be ok to buy the tickets from another site, I'll just link everything through my disney experience.
Yep. You can actually save a few dollars by purchasing tickets through an authorized 3rd party seller.

And how do we get the magic bands? Do they send them to you, or do you pick them up when you check in?
If you have a US mailing address, they will mail them to you as long as you customize them at least 10 days prior to your check-in date.
If foreign address or you customize less than 10 days out, they will be sent to the resort for pickup when you arrive.

If you customize the MagicBands more than 30 days before your check-in date, they will start the actual customization process at 30 days out and they will be mailed a couple of days later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter