• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands stuck in Atlanta

Cjtigger

Mouseketeer
My customized Magicbands were shipped on 3/7 and have been stuck in Atlanta. I have called Disney twice and they have not agreed to send new ones. Help. I don't want to walk around with grey magic bands.

Any ideas?

When is your trip? It's hard when there's so much excitement, but all you can do is be patient and wait. They will likely turn up.

Wow... did u try calling that post office if u want to make the effort ... it is a Tracked pkg after all. Why the hold up??
Maybe it just wasn't scanned in Atl and actually left?

Not sure when ur leaving for vacation but hope they arrive in time. I like the Colors too...

The tracking may or may not be accurate. I've had bands arrive physically, when the tracking showed they were somewhere else. I've also had the tracking show "out for delivery" only to either have the tracking change to some random city or the bands show up a couple days after the alleged delivery. So far (knocking on wood) I haven't had any bands arrive too late for their intended trip. I do always pack a band from my last trip as a just in case though.

They'll get to you. They seem to use the pony express to ship them, so they take the cheapest route, not the most direct. Last trip mine came to the central PO in the next zip code over from me, sat there for days, then went to the Bronx, sat there for days, then to NJ, then back to the central PO near me, then to my PO.

When is your trip? We received ours almost a month prior. It only took about 4 days between shipping and receiving. I was shocked!

While I actually prefer the "grey band of shame" I realize it's not a popular choice for most. :-)

I laughed just a little too hard at the accuracy of this comment. I typically customize a colored band (and have one in every color so I can coordinate my outfits) but I actually think the grey is the most versatile - it goes with everything.

Mine shipped 10 days ago and have taken forever this time. They tracked as here in NJ last night and said they wouldn't be delivered until Saturday. As of today they updated the tracking and should be here today. Such wacky routes these bands take.

They're probably not stuck at all. The postal service doesn't update tracking at every stop the way UPS and FedEx do. Not unless you're paying for a premium service like Express Mail.

Don't forget about the recent blizzard on the east coast. It might have slowed the mail down a bit.

I did not mean to offend. My husband and I always look at guests on the bus and when we see the grey band we think "amateurs" :)

Not at all offended. :goodvibes

I read about the "grey band of shame" here on the boards a while back and it made me giggle. It's the colour I choose. Every time.

But I'm 99% certain the resorts do in fact have coloured bands on site. You'll be fine if they don't show up. The bands just won't have your name on the back of them.

According to USPS, mine have been in the city I live in since the 18th and not expected to deliver till the 23rd. I have no idea what the hold up is. I wish they would give you the option to Fedex or UPS them. I'm so spoiled with Amazon two-day shipping. lol

Not at all offended. :goodvibes

But I'm 99% certain the resorts do in fact have coloured bands on site. You'll be fine if they don't show up. The bands just won't have your name on the back of them.

I have heard that the resort MB are the old stile, not the new ones

I did not mean to offend. My husband and I always look at guests on the bus and when we see the grey band we think "amateurs" :)
That's funny. I intentionally chose a gray band and the rest of the fam is all the rest of the color options. Haha. Gray is my jam!

I have heard that the resort MB are the old stile, not the new ones

I think it depends on the colour and the resort. It's my understanding (although goodness knows I've been wrong before) that the "on hand" supply varies resort to resort. But I'm very certain you're not stuck with Grey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter