Magic bands - can you have two activated at same time?

Farro

Argh.
So I got two awesome skins for my magic bands and I don't know which to use. Someone suggested to use both and bring my old magic band on trip.

Can I do that??? I see the option to activate my old band in MDE. Do I wait for new one to arrive and then also activate old one? Will that deactivate new one?

Would love to be able to switch between bands so I can use both skins.

thanks!

You can have many MagicBands active at anyone time and use them interchangeably.

That's so awesome!!! Thanks!

So just activate whichever band I'm wearing that day?
Does it matter if one of my bands will be almost 3 years old?

No need to deactivate any of the MagicBands unless lost.

A 3 year old MagicBand will work for functions where you need to touch the MB to a reader. What it probably won't work for is automatic linking of ride photos since the internal battery is most likely dead.

That's good to know. I would have to make note of the days I would be wanting those ride photos.

thanks!

That's so awesome!!! Thanks!

You can just activate all of them and leave them active. If you are using an older MB and you think that the battery may have "expired" in your older MB, just drop a newer MB in your bag for the ride photos and the enhanced ride queue interactions.

All MB work just fine at any touch point with no battery required.

Note: There are limits so consider not having 30 MBs active on your MDE profile at the same time. Yes some guests have that many or more in their collections.

Dave

You can just activate all of them and leave them active. If you are using an older MB and you think that the battery may have "expired" in your older MB, just drop a newer MB in your bag for the ride photos and the enhanced ride queue interactions.

All MB work just fine at any touch point with no battery required.

Note: There are limits so consider not having 30 MBs active on your MDE profile at the same time. Yes some guests have that many or more in their collections.

Dave

Thanks!!! I will keep the other one in my purse!

Wow - I feel like I got a gift today! :p

Sometimes I change my magic band to coordinate with my outfit.

Sometimes I change my magic band to coordinate with my outfit.
I ALWAYS coordinate my magic band with my outfit.

@Farro If you go onto My Disney Experience and look at My Magic Bands and Cards, it will show all the bands that you have active. All of mine work since the beginning of magic bands, so I have almost every color.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter