• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands and announcing a surprise trip

JenniKleims

Mouseketeer
So not sure if my first question is answered anywhere on the boards (tried looking but nothing comes up)
-do they ship the magic bands to us (living in Canada)
I have read in some posts that say yes, and others that say no (but figured I would ask here :) )

We plan to announce that we are going (to my kids) once the bands arrive...but if we do not get them shipped to the house then I am looking for a plan B.

Does the Disney store do anything "fun" for trip announcements? I was going to call and ask them (may still do it) but want to ask here too...

So not sure if my first question is answered anywhere on the boards (tried looking but nothing comes up)
-do they ship the magic bands to us (living in Canada)
I have read in some posts that say yes, and others that say no (but figured I would ask here :) )

We plan to announce that we are going (to my kids) once the bands arrive...but if we do not get them shipped to the house then I am looking for a plan B.

Does the Disney store do anything "fun" for trip announcements? I was going to call and ask them (may still do it) but want to ask here too...
Unfortunately magic bands are only shipped to US addresses. There are a few "work-arounds" that you might have read about : people who live close to the border have an address they get stuff delivered to (think along the line of UPS office) and periodically will cross the border to get whatever is there. Others will have it shipped to a friend who will then forward it to their CDN address.

There are lots of other simple ideas you can put together yourself with a colour printer. If you head over to the Creative DISigns you can ask someone to create a invite-type thing. There is a super talented CDN DIS-er who might be willing to help out @bababear_50 ??

I'll share what I did as a trip announcement and maybe inspiration will hit!

My DD and I go every year and my niece and nephew were constantly asking their dad (my brother) when they could go too so we planned a big family trip, parents included. I made a short video on iMovie with a few Disney photos from past trips (just generic images) and entered a little text with a jazzy Disney tune announcing the big trip. The poor kids were stunned (7&8 at the time) and they looked a little confused which was hilarious. I then pulled out a small Disney backpack for each of them with a first visit button (which I had the brains to grab during a previous trip), activity books, snack boxes for the flight and other random tidbits. It was at that point they lost their collective minds. My poor dad was so emotional at their excitement he actually teared up.

Good luck with your announcement and trust me, magic bands aren't necessary for the "Big Reveal". You'll come up with something fantastic.

I'll share what I did as a trip announcement and maybe inspiration will hit!

My DD and I go every year and my niece and nephew were constantly asking their dad (my brother) when they could go too so we planned a big family trip, parents included. I made a short video on iMovie with a few Disney photos from past trips (just generic images) and entered a little text with a jazzy Disney tune announcing the big trip. The poor kids were stunned (7&8 at the time) and they looked a little confused which was hilarious. I then pulled out a small Disney backpack for each of them with a first visit button (which I had the brains to grab during a previous trip), activity books, snack boxes for the flight and other random tidbits. It was at that point they lost their collective minds. My poor dad was so emotional at their excitement he actually teared up.

Good luck with your announcement and trust me, magic bands aren't necessary for the "Big Reveal". You'll come up with something fantastic.
Thanks
Love what you did.
I just called the Disney store and they said they could help with the announcement ☺️
Cannot wait...now I wait until October LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter