• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands 101

IF you have your cards (with rf chip) linked to a magic band can you use either one you choose at the parks?

I don't know where to ask this question, so I guess I will here.

Our magic bands are in the mail (less than 30 days out) - we made ADRs at 6 months and FP at 60 days. BUT, we are considering canceling our onsite room reservation and staying with some family who have recently offered.

If we cancel the room, will we lose our fastpasses (I don't see how we could lose the ADRs)? If they stay, can we still use the MBs? As in, will MDE still be attached? Sorry if this is a confusing question.

Our trip is 18 days out and my MagicBands are still showing as "shipping soon" on MDE. Any idea how close to trip date these are shipped?

I don't know where to ask this question, so I guess I will here.

Our magic bands are in the mail (less than 30 days out) - we made ADRs at 6 months and FP at 60 days. BUT, we are considering canceling our onsite room reservation and staying with some family who have recently offered.

If we cancel the room, will we lose our fastpasses (I don't see how we could lose the ADRs)? If they stay, can we still use the MBs? As in, will MDE still be attached? Sorry if this is a confusing question.

You'll still have your FPs intact. With less than 30 days to go, you're well within the 30-day booking window for any guests with tickets.

You can cancel and not worry.

I don't know if I am understanding this or not. They are selling character and special edition Magicbands but are they only sold at certain places? Is there a list of the Magicbands and the places they can be purchased? I would like to print it to take with me in August.

I don't know if I am understanding this or not. They are selling character and special edition Magicbands but are they only sold at certain places? Is there a list of the Magicbands and the places they can be purchased? I would like to print it to take with me in August.

Check out the MagicBand Collectors website. It won't link here because Ethan has products for sale but he has the complete list, costs, and locations.

You'll still have your FPs intact. With less than 30 days to go, you're well within the 30-day booking window for any guests with tickets. You can cancel and not worry.

You are correct. I called and cancelled the room res yesterday and nothing else on our itinerary was disturbed. Will see if the MBs work when we get there.

I have a couple questions about the magic bands. I have read around on this thread but seem to get conflicting information. My DD is taking me on this trip and paying for our room and annual passes. We have never been to WDW so I do not have a MDE account. She created one to do the reservations, etc. My first question is, am I able to link my debit card to my magic band, to make purchases without it charging her card (which is linked to our reservation)? Second, if I create a MDE account now, will it mess up our reservations and fast passes? I suppose I can just let her make all the fast pass reservations for both of us, which is fine with me, but I really wanted to be able to charge things to my card. Thanks in advance!

I have a couple questions about the magic bands. I have read around on this thread but seem to get conflicting information. My DD is taking me on this trip and paying for our room and annual passes. We have never been to WDW so I do not have a MDE account. She created one to do the reservations, etc. My first question is, am I able to link my debit card to my magic band, to make purchases without it charging her card (which is linked to our reservation)? Second, if I create a MDE account now, will it mess up our reservations and fast passes? I suppose I can just let her make all the fast pass reservations for both of us, which is fine with me, but I really wanted to be able to charge things to my card. Thanks in advance!

When you arrive at your onsite resort, they can link your debit card to your portion of what gets charged by using your MagicBand. MDE has nothing to do with the room account charges so you don't need your own MDE account. The MagicBands link all charges to your room account.

So I booked our October trip today. We got our MBs all customized. When should I start looking for them to be delivered? Closer to our check in date, or any time before that?

So I booked our October trip today. We got our MBs all customized. When should I start looking for them to be delivered? Closer to our check in date, or any time before that?

They'll probably be delivered within a month of your check-in date.

I really loved having the magic bands. we made sure the alters knew in advance that we were using them and that we had one using one band and two using another for the meal. It was so simple. And my bill showed up in email when it was over. Easy. Loved it.

Check out the MagicBand Collectors website. It won't link here because Ethan has products for sale but he has the complete list, costs, and locations.

Just click the link below and you will see them as well as info on where to buy them, cost, pictures, etc.

When you arrive at your onsite resort, they can link your debit card to your portion of what gets charged by using your MagicBand. MDE has nothing to do with the room account charges so you don't need your own MDE account. The MagicBands link all charges to your room account.

Thanks so much! I will check at the desk when we get there. Only 23 more days!! :yay:

Interesting stuff I was told by some cm's today and I can confirm this because some of my friends are employees.

They are working on a fix for the people that are getting extra magic bands on purpose and getting more than 3 fp per day. Guests are saying they have more children in their party and wearing multiple magic bands with different fp on each.

My source said the kiosks will soon show child and adult making that person the only ones that can use it. They have had a couple meetings about it. Just interesting if something like this would actually "fix" the problem or make it worse.

I was pleasantly surprised to see my MNSSHP tickets show up on on MDE. Wondering if Magic Bands will be enough to get into MK or if they'll still require the actual tickets.

Didn't require the tickets for us last year, they just scanned our Magic bands and verified our party tickets.

Didn't require the tickets for us last year, they just scanned our Magic bands and verified our party tickets.
Good to hear that. We did MNSSHP 2 years ago and MagicBands were in their infancy. So they just scanned your bands and gave the MNSSHP bracelets? That would be convenient for sure.

Hi, everyone! Note: I did not read all 66 pages so I apologize if this has already been asked and answered.

Once I enter a park, can I take off my Magic Band and put it in my purse? Or are we 'required' to wear it while in a park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter