Magic Band Question

Woody412

Mouseketeer
We always use the new magic bands we receive with our reservation but I’ve noticed that MDX has every magic band you’ve ever used listed on the page. Can you use any active magic band linked to your name or are they only to be used for that specific reservation?

You can use any MB.
The system will slow down over time if you have too many MBs with MDE.

Last edited:

Thank you. That’s what I was hoping. Not the slowing of the website, but what else can we expect from Disney IT?

There does seem to be something that the resort CM's can do that make a MB work or not. More than once they've had to do something within their system to make it work to open the room door. Never once has there been an issue with park entry though. The experience with bands not working has tended to be at AKV Jambo and BWV so I feel like there's something they do that is unusual. Just a guess but other places I've had no problems with old bands.

For the most part they just work.

Yes you can use any active band.

The system will slow down over time if you have too many MBs with MDE.

Nah. They say that, but like Kat said it’s a scapegoat. They jiggle the handle, so to speak, by going into that section and deactivating bands, but I bet they could do a variety of things to shake things up and make things work. If turning a computer off then on again works, then doing *anything* in the customer’s account is what they are doing.

And of it were a thing then it would be across the board. Since it isn’t something I experience, and I have upwards of 20 bands just on my profile and I have 7 other peoples’ profiles on my MDE, then it isn’t a true thing. It’s just a glitch people experience. And glitches have no rhyme or reason.

More than once they've had to do something within their system to make it work to open the room door.

I think they keep you at the front desk while someone runs up and changes the battery in the door lock...

And I had the low-battery experience at a 4Points last weekend, too. First he blamed proximity to a cell phone, reset the keycards he himself had set up, then finally admitted it’s likely the battery in the door.

I think they keep you at the front desk while someone runs up and changes the battery in the door lock...

And I had the low-battery experience at a 4Points last weekend, too. First he blamed proximity to a cell phone, reset the keycards he himself had set up, then finally admitted it’s likely the battery in the door.

I've had the battery on the lock too - that was different from my other situations. Of course it was a standard view at BWV and 2nd from the end before you head out the last wing to DHS. And for an after midnight arrival. I was tired after that one.

Our party of 21, 1 GV and 2 studios @ BWV had multiple problems with the bands not working to open the door(s). Very frustrating.

your only problem using an old band is the battery may be dead, so it won't pick you up for onride photos. It will work fine for entering parks and charging.

We have deactived on-line all the bands no longer in use. We have been going twice and year and some times 3 different resevations. You can Not request band for each trip. Its nice sometimes to have multi colored band for a trip.

We have deactived on-line all the bands no longer in use. We have been going twice and year and some times 3 different resevations. You can Not request band for each trip. Its nice sometimes to have multi colored band for a trip.

If you CAN NOT get bands for each trip, how often do you get them? I've gotten new bands each new trip and there have been a few since we bought in at Poly. However, we're booked for Christmas week 2019 (yeah, I know it's crazy but..... ) and I keep getting an error when I sign into the Magic Band portion of the site on my MDE and I thought it was just the system being glitchy and I would just check back later. My last trip was Spring Break 2018 (end of March/April) and trip before that was June 2017 and we got new bands for each trip sent to us. My daughter did a couple of short trips also and always received new bands.

If you CAN NOT get bands for each trip, how often do you get them? I've gotten new bands each new trip and there have been a few since we bought in at Poly. However, we're booked for Christmas week 2019 (yeah, I know it's crazy but..... ) and I keep getting an error when I sign into the Magic Band portion of the site on my MDE and I thought it was just the system being glitchy and I would just check back later. My last trip was Spring Break 2018 (end of March/April) and trip before that was June 2017 and we got new bands for each trip sent to us. My daughter did a couple of short trips also and always received new bands.

If you keep getting the same error, you will have to call Guest Services and be patched through to the IT guys to fix your account, most likely. Usually doesn't take very long, and they are very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter