Magic Band Question

rekrab1

Earning My Ears
We are going in June for our first stay with DVC!! Will we get magic bands for our stay? When will they arrive? Do we get one every time we stay with DVC even if we buy our tickets elsewhere. I think I may buy our tickets from Undercover Tourist. Would this affect our access to free magic bands? Thanks for the help!

We are going in June for our first stay with DVC!! Will we get magic bands for our stay?
Once you link the room reservation to your MDE account, there will be an option to customize MagicBands for the stay.

When will they arrive?
If you customize them more than 30 days prior to your check-in date, they will start to process them at 30 days out.
If you customize them less than 30 days prior to your check-in date, they will start to process them the day after.
It takes a couple of days for them to process them and mail them out (US addresses only).

Do we get one every time we stay with DVC even if we buy our tickets elsewhere.
Where you purchase tickets doesn't matter. You are eligible for new MagicBands for each new room reservation.

Yes
I have 5 sets of MBs that I received in an 18 month period. 2 DVC stays, 2 paid stays, and 1 AP Purchase.

They will arrive about 3 weeks before your arrive.

Yes, you still get MBs even if you buy tickets elsewhere. Your MBs are your room keys.

UT Tickets do not affect Magic Bands. Enter the Ticket numbers directly into your My Disney Experience account.
I have bought UT tickets many times and never have a problem. I prefer to order the actual ticket card from them and enter the # myself rather than the eticket.

You always have the option for new Magic Bands to arrive for each trip on site.

You will get an email when it's time to finalize your FP choices (you probably starting making them 60 days prior to trip) and Magic Band color/name and to make sure your address is correct. You will receive the Magic Bands quite soon thereafter. Mine usually come within 2-3 weeks.

I like split stays and do them often so I always Opt Out (you have a choice) of the Bands for the next resort I move to.

UT Tickets do not affect Magic Bands. Enter the Ticket numbers directly into your My Disney Experience account.
I have bought UT tickets many times and never have a problem. I prefer to order the actual ticket card from them and enter the # myself rather than the eticket.

You always have the option for new Magic Bands to arrive for each trip on site.

You will get an email when it's time to finalize your FP choices (you probably starting making them 60 days prior to trip) and Magic Band color/name and to make sure your address is correct. You will receive the Magic Bands quite soon thereafter. Mine usually come within 2-3 weeks.

I like split stays and do them often so I always Opt Out (you have a choice) of the Bands for the next resort I move to.

Just curious, how would you enter it if you did an eticket? This upcoming trip will be our first time purchasing from anywhere other than Disney directly so I'm trying to get all of my ducks in a row. Thanks!

I'm sorry but I have never requested an eticket as I like having hard tickets as a backup.

I would presume the eticket comes in the form of email with a # on it to enter into your My Disney Experience account in the same way a hard ticket does.

I'm sure someone who prefers the eticket method will answer here. Good luck.

On the first page that opens after you sign into MDE there is a link if you wish to add tickets. Or go under My Reservations and Tickets and there will be a link on that page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter