Magic Band Puck Swap

CMorton916

Earning My Ears
My family has a trip booked for September 2020 and have our order set for our plain Magic Bands. My wife wants to buy our DS a Pluto Magic Band as a stocking stuffer. Does it make more sense to swap the puck out of the band that will ship with our order or to register the new magic band?

Just register the new band. You can activate multiple bands per person, so no reason to switch out the puck.
My wife brings 4 or 5 bands every trip and we keep them all activated.

I do it. I have a special MB so every trip I get the new band and swap out the puck.

It's overkill, I know.

I do it. I have a special MB so every trip I get the new band and swap out the puck.

It's overkill, I know.
This makes sense if you've got an older MB that you like and you want to make sure the long range features (ride photos, small world goodbye signs, etc.) keep working, since that's dependent on a battery in the puck that you can't change.

Definitely overkill if both bands are new, though-- just register both bands in MDE; now you've got a backup band if you need it.

Easiest is to link the new MB.
We like to "customize" ours since we've accumulated so many. My husbands is blue band with the yellow puck for Donald.
I have the red band with black puck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter