Made a mistake! Suggestions?

CadiesMom

Mouseketeer
I was looking over the official times for the parks this evening on the Disney site and noticed that the show time for Fantasmic at MGM on Dec 1st is 6:30. I am not sure if this is a change or if I made a mistake when I orginally made our plans, but my problem is this: I booked the Hollywood & Vine dinner/show package for 5:30! This is our only available day for MGM. I have never had to reschedule a PS, will I have a major problem trying to get a earlier time? Will we be able to see the Osbourne Lights after Fantasmic? I could kick myself! Thanks for any advice you can give...I am stressing just a wee bit I think, lots of laughs!

Dont sweat it.:)

First, just call in the morning and see if you can get an earlier time. If not keep what you have and try to show up early. Chances are they will seat you early anyway. Also H&V is a buffet so it shouldn't take you that long to eat. The location is not far from the entrance to go see Fantasmic. You'll work it out.

Now quit freeking out and get some sleep.;)

I don't think it will be hard to change your time. If you don't change your time then make sure everyone gets to business with eating their meals and not wasting time there. You get to use a short-cut to the show near the entrance; so, you don't have to take the longer route.

Also, you have preferred seating; so, even if you are a little late, it shouldn't matter that much.

I think they did change the times. I'm going Dec 4 to 10 and it was showing 7:00 for Fantasmic, now it is showing 6:30 for Dec 5.

I would definitely call Disney Dining and explain the situation. If you have the FDP they should not have booked it for only an hour before the show. They tell you to arrive at the entrance(near Oscars) 1/2 hour before show time,any later and you wont be guaranteed a seat, but standing room only. Obviously you cant be there 1/2 hour in advance.
We saw this first hand in July when we arrive just before 1/2 hour ahead of time and others arrived behind us(probably exactly 1/2 hour) and we all almost didnt get seats. They had let the regular line merge in with the FDP line up at the entrance and the section was filled up. We got one of the last rows and people after us got the handicap accesible back rows. They were yelled at and told to get up but they refused because they had done the package and others who hadnt done the package got regular seats in the reserved section. It caused quite a bit of commotion with the CM yelling at the poeple, the people yelling back, not budging and going to talk to security.
The moral of the story is if I do the FDP again, I will be sure to get there well before 1/2 hour in advance, so I wouldnt recommend trying to eat 1 hour in advance.
Good luck! Im sure if you explain your situation they will be able to accomodate you. :D

Thank you all so much! I am going to try to switch our times this morning! Is it time to go yet???? LOL!

I wouldn't be surprised if they adjusted your PS time as a result of the change in the show time. Call Disney Dining and find out.

I'm wondering if they should open up the reserved section to the general audience at all. Why should those that didn't plan or pay for the package get the benefits of it?

Originally posted by lfontaine
I'm wondering if they should open up the reserved section to the general audience at all. Why should those that didn't plan or pay for the package get the benefits of it?

After what I saw, I totally agree. I dont know if its always done as early as it was that night or not, but I think they should at least wait until the last minute to let people in there, not 25-30 minutes before. They tell you to be at the entrance 30 minutes ahead of time but it still takes 5-10 minutes to walk to the entrance.

Where did you find the hours for Fantasmic? On the Disney site, I could only find the hours MGM was open, but not the specific time of Fantasmic. I may be in a similar situation as you. Thanks!

You know, I have looked at those calendears so many times, and I 'never' knew you could click on each individual day! Thank you SO MUCH!!!:D

I called WDW dining and was able to reschedule to 4:40! Thanks everyone. Blestmom--hope your time works out too!

My fiance and I will be doing a FDP on our honeymoon. How early before Fantasmic should would make our ressie?

Ali

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter