MacBook deals?

Jajone

DIS Veteran
My daughter just graduated and wants to spend her money on a MacBook Air. Where is the best place to look for the best prices or deals?

Prices are pretty much the same everywhere, the wonder of Apple. Best Buy sometimes throws in extras that Apple doesn't.
That was what we found with both MacBook Pros my daughter bought.
I will however point out my daughter is soooooooooooo over Apple. Somehow they turned her from their biggest fan to someone who would never own one again in just 9 years.
She just built her own desk top PC.

Apple runs a back to school special that usually starts around mid to end of July. I’m not sure what it’s been in past years but usually it’s something like a $100 iTunes gift card with purchase or a laptop or something like that.

Keep an eye on Best Buy website. Today they are regular price, but recently I have seen them at $749 and $849. Once last month they were $699.

Also, with an .edu email you can get student deals which are $50 off.

I’m waiting for it to drop to $699 again before I pull the trigger. I check the website every day as it can change daily.

Keep an eye on Best Buy website. Today they are regular price, but recently I have seen them at $749 and $849. Once last month they were $699.

I’m waiting for it to drop to $699 again before I pull the trigger. I check the website every day as it can change daily.

I agree. This is what we did last year when DD bought her MacBook Air. We kept watching Best Buy. They dropped the price up and down several times during the summer. I think it was about $700 when she bought hers last year, maybe in July. It was a brand new one, not refurbished. Hope this helps!

My daughter just graduated and wants to spend her money on a MacBook Air. Where is the best place to look for the best prices or deals?
Yeah watch the BB site. Apple has been running a promo for free Beats By Dre headphones for the last 2 or 3 years.

This. We have 3 in our house, all bought on sale at Best Buy. And I'm not someone who shops at Best Buy otherwise.
The other place I often order from is bh photo video online. They run sales AND it is no sales tax for me...at a 9.75% savings for me.

I would double check her college or major to make sure they don't require something specific. My DD did require a MacBook but there was something specific about the configuration that I could not get at a store, I had to special order from Apple. It definitely was nowhere near $700, I wish! For my 2nd DD that just graduated I have not seen anything about specific laptop requirements at her University but I did see a list of recommended and not recommended and the cheapest Macbooks were on the not recommended list.

We have bought at Best Buy and the Apple store. They do give a small discount for students.

Look at Bhphoto and Macmall both are very reputable companies usually discount them a little -- Macmall always has older models as well-- at the very least you will not pay tax whne you purchase but should claim it on your state tax return..... do not forget she will also need word and excel is she is a student she can buy that version.

Microcenter has sales on them quite a bit. I love that store and website.

Jill in CO

See Best Buy if you have specific questions. Basically it is $300 off the regular price of MacBook Airs.

I just bought one and am very happy with the price. I’ve been watching the prices daily for awhile.

When I graduated last year, I was able to get a MacBook Pro discounted, plus a free pair of Beats headphones and Microsoft Suite. It was through the Apple store directly.

I was able to apply the $50 best buy student deals coupon to make it $649. Regular price $999. Could Apple do it cheaper? Maybe in the future but not today. (Today its $849 through the Apple education store)

I'm satisfied with 35% off a new MacBook air from Best Buy

We got both DS MacBook Airs a couple years ago at Best Buy for about $1000 each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter