Lynx Bus from Universal to Disney Springs

bigrigsby71682

Mouseketeer
I watched a video recently that introduced me to the Lynx bus system. Apparently if you have the spare time Lynx will take you to/from Disney Springs/Universal Studios. Does anyone have experience with this late at night? I want to go from Universal (after park close, 9pm) to Disney Springs. I’m trying to avoid a $80 ride share and time isn’t an issue. Thanks for any information anyone has!!!!

Www.golynx.com
You can put in your origin,destination, date and time. It will give you routes.
The bus doesn't go all the way to Universal. You have to walk something like a half mile to a mile.

Suggestion. Go to www.Mearstransportation.com
Scroll down to attraction shuttle. For departure select attraction Universal. For destination select hotel then select Hilton in DS. Select your date and see if pickup time offered works for you

Last edited:
Note that Lynx is the local public bus system, it is primarily intended for local commuters such as CMs commuting to/from work, there are lots of stops, transfer points, and the buses tend to run sporadically depending on time of day, rush hour, traffic, etc... For someone visiting on vacation, I would strongly recommend sticking to private transportation options such as Mears which was suggested by the pp.

No experience with Universal but some experience with Sea World.

We only had the car rental for part of the trip and had annual tickets for Sea World. One day we decided to try the Lynx bus as "we had already paid for the park entry". At $2 /each way it was great value.

Having a look, Universal seems a little more inconvenient, the route has a transfer and half the routes have a double back. I would have a play around with google maps to see what routes it is suggesting then check out the actual timetables at https://www.golynx.com/maps-schedules/routes-schedules.stml to see if it would suite.

I watched a video recently that introduced me to the Lynx bus system. Apparently if you have the spare time Lynx will take you to/from Disney Springs/Universal Studios. Does anyone have experience with this late at night? I want to go from Universal (after park close, 9pm) to Disney Springs. I’m trying to avoid a $80 ride share and time isn’t an issue. Thanks for any information anyone has!!!!

LYNX bus is for the public and people who don't have money (Can't afford Shuttles, Rental Cars, Limo Service, Economy, Inflation etc), so it's open to everyone. I've also noticed that alot of British and South American tourist use and have no problem using LYNX because they live in a culture where everyone takes public transportation but alot of Americans won't ride buses because they are only used to driving cars and kind of look down on the people who ride buses or trains. In America there is a bit of classism but you don't find this outlook in Europe or Asia or South America.

I use it all the time. Get the Paw Pass app and if you are there 3-7 days then get the unlimited Week Pass for $16.

To get from Universal to Disney Springs:

Take LYNX 38 from the Universal Transportation Center/City Walk to Destination Parkway Bus Super Stop.
Then you want to get on the LYNX 350 Disney Springs (This used to be called LYNX 50 until this year). (Make sure you are getting on LYNX 350 headed towards Disney Springs and not LYNX 350 headed the other way to downtown Orlando)

https://www.golynx.com/plan-trip/ro..._1_1=showPublicPosting&calendar_entry_id=7157

https://www.golynx.com/maps-schedul..._1_1=showPublicPosting&calendar_entry_id=7154

LYNX 50 will stop at the Disney Springs Bus Stop near the Circus du Oleil.

The one issue you may have is that the last LYNX 350 bus from Disney Springs leaves at 12:15 AM and arrives at Destination Parkway at 12:36 AM. (on Weekdays)

But the last LYNX 38 from Destination Parkway is 11:45 PM arriving at Universal at 12:05 AM.
So this means you would have to at the latest get on the 11:15 PM LYNX 350 at Disney Springs to get to Destination Parkway at 11:37 PM.

Also, it's probably better to leave before 9 PM/park close at Universal.
Because if you got on the 9:04 PM from Universal that would arrive at Destination Parkway at 9:27 PM.
Then the 9:35 PM LYNX 350 would get you into Disney Springs at 10 PM. So that would only give you an hour before hitting the 11:15 PM bus back.

Of course if you can make it to Destination Parkway, it would also be possible to get on LYNX 8, LYNX 37, LYNX 42 (some of these buses run a little later) and that would take you up to the Surfside Area where you could either walk over the bridge or take an Uber. It would also be possible to walk from Destination Parkway to Universal worst case scenario and that would probably take around an hour. (Walking from Disney Springs to Universal is pretty much impossible and would take around 3 hours)

Last edited:
Www.golynx.com
You can put in your origin,destination, date and time. It will give you routes.
The bus doesn't go all the way to Universal. You have to walk something like a half mile to a mile.

Suggestion. Go to www.Mearstransportation.com
Scroll down to attraction shuttle. For departure select attraction Universal. For destination select hotel then select Hilton in DS. Select your date and see if pickup time offered works for you
This is incorrect.

LYNX 38 goes from Citywalk/Universal Bus Station to Destination Parkway Super Stop.
And then LYNX 350 goes from Destination Parkway to Disney Springs.

So there is no walking involved at all.

This is incorrect.

LYNX 38 goes from Citywalk/Universal Bus Station to Destination Parkway Super Stop.
And then LYNX 350 goes from Destination Parkway to Disney Springs.

So there is no walking involved at all.
Sorry for posting bad info. Lynx planner will frequently suggest starting about half mile away when you list Umiversal as starting point

Sorry for posting bad info. Lynx planner will frequently suggest starting about half mile away when you list Umiversal as starting point
To be fair there were changes in the routes back in February of this year.

The Disney Springs Bus used to be LYNX 50. That bus would go from Disney Transportation Center to Sea World but you had to get off at the Sea World Double Tree stop and then wait and transfer to the LYNX 8 bus or walk 10 minutes to the 38/8/42 bus stop in front of the Hyatt.

Then also the LYNX 38 bus didn't actually go to Universal City Walk. So if you were going up I Drive once you got on 38/8/42 you had to get off near Surfside and either walk over the bridge (15 minute walk) to City Walk or transfer to the 37 Bus in front of the Sheraton Four Points tower to take you to Universal City Walk.

In other words if coming from Disney it would involve 3 buses (2 transfers) or some walking you and then you would only need 2 buses (1 transfer). And if you were staying somewhere on I Drive then only one bus because the 38 goes right into Universal. (I don't think that option was there before for the 38 bus)

The only bad thing is the new LYNX 350 doesn't go to the Disney Transportation Center. Disney Springs is the last stop. Whereas the old LYNX 50 stopped at Disney Springs and then Disney Transportation Center. Now once you take the LNYX 350 you have to transfer at Disney Springs to the LYNX 300 Disney Express bus to get to the Disney Transportation Center. So it's more of an inconvenience to get to Disney World itself.

To be fair there were changes in the routes back in February of this year.
If you get a chance try the trip planner on golynx.com Act like a person who doesn't know lynx
Use Universal for starting and Disney Springs for end.
A mess

Edited jusr type Universal, as many of us would do

Last edited:
If you get a chance try the trip planner on golynx.com Act like a person who doesn't know lynx
Use Universal for starting and Disney Springs for end.
A mess

Edited jusr type Universal, as many of us would do

They just use google maps. If you type Universal then it starts you off at the gates of Universal Studios. If you type City Walk then the middle of City Walk. From Universal it says a 11 min walk to the Universal bus terminal and then a 5 min walk from Disney Springs stop to the middle of Disney Springs. I guess technically that's accurate but it should really be from bus terminal to bus terminal.

1660062988161.png

Middle of the day, it will sometimes route you N with bus change at bus depot. Will sometimes have you walk to Universal and Carrier

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter