LYFT-MINNIE VANS

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
I usually rent a car but with the increased price of renting plus the resort parking fee I may go Disney transportation. how has the Minnie vans been as far as waiting and ease of use. I may utilize them a few times when it's more convenient than the bus. any problems reported

You should be aware that MinnieVan's pricing has changed a LOT since its inception. It was originally $20 flat rate, then $25. But today, it's $15 minimum fare + $2.75 per mile. So fares that were once $25 are now $40+ in some cases.

As kaytieeldr said above, you will see the fare before you actually order the ride. You can also evaluate other Lyft fares for the same ride at the same time.

We love Minnie Vans! We used them 4 times on our last trip in Dec. Longest wait for one was less than 10 mins from ordering. Shortest was just a few minutes. Our fares probably averaged $25 (before tip). It’s definitely more expensive than regular Uber/Lyft.. but it’s worth it to us to not have to “leave the Disney bubble.” And the cast members are the best!

If you think the price of renting a car is expensive, I'm not sure using the Minnie Van will be that much cheaper.

Renting a car would probably be cheaper than continually using Minnie Vans.

There are times, usually park open and close, when the Vans are hard to come by. Regular ride share isn't though. As long as you aren't limited to Minnie Vans due to car seats it's fine
You can see the wait in the Lyft app before you put through a request.
Yes but it's not 100% accurate. It shows vehicles in the area, an avg of them I guess? It doesn't show which vehicle is matched to you. So it's an estimate. I do not think I've ever had the time shown end up being the same as the matched vehicle. It had been off by as much as 5 min. Not earth shattering but annoying

I highly recommend looking at Lyft XLs vs the Minnie Vans. Lyft XL tend to be large SUVs - often with a carseat or two - and are much cheaper than the Minnie Vans. That was my go to option in December and worked out very well. I'd use Minnie Vans for MK only.

OP, other than using a Minnie Van to/from MK, I would just go with the regular Lyft vehicles unless you need the car seats. I probably spent about $100 using Lyft for my weeklong 2017 trip, and that included transportation from POP to MCO. It was worth it since the cheapest rental that week would have been at least $150 and a vehicle I would not have wanted to drive.

On an short trip in 2017, I did use the Minnie Van to MK, before the rate increase, and it was great to be let off at the bus stop. I would still consider springing for that if needed. I only did so because it was Easter Sunday and the line for the bus would already have put us at waiting for 1-2 that morning.

I highly recommend looking at Lyft XLs vs the Minnie Vans. Lyft XL tend to be large SUVs - often with a carseat or two - and are much cheaper than the Minnie Vans. That was my go to option in December and worked out very well. I'd use Minnie Vans for MK only.
If you require any car seats you can not count on Lyft having any. Their service offers none. If any drivers have some they are personal seats and no idea how insurance would work. But the bigger point what happens when you have a 2 yo and call for one and that car hasn't got one?

Uber does offer a vehicle class with 1 seat. Minnie van is the only option for those that need 2

If you require any car seats you can not count on Lyft having any. Their service offers none. If any drivers have some they are personal seats and no idea how insurance would work. But the bigger point what happens when you have a 2 yo and call for one and that car hasn't got one?

Uber does offer a vehicle class with 1 seat. Minnie van is the only option for those that need 2

OP didn't state if he/she needs carseats. I was simply stating what my own experience was with the 5 Lyft XL rides I took in December. If carseats are mandatory for the OP (they were not for my family), do your homework and download the right rideshare app.

OP didn't state if he/she needs carseats. I was simply stating what my own experience was with the 5 Lyft XL rides I took in December. If carseats are mandatory for the OP (they were not for my family), do your homework and download the right rideshare app.
Right. I was posting in efforts to help them do their homework, since they don't mention one way or the other. Car seats status aren't really all that clear sometimes. Lots of folks have questions about who has what

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter