• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luxury

Believe me, I don’t fault anyone for traveling in luxury, but it’s not really for me. I’ve stayed in some high end rooms and upon check-out I don’t feel any different than booking an Airbnb. For me(not Disney related), I like looking for something not so sterile -yeah I could book a 5-star in Tuscany, but I’d rather stay in an agriturismo on someone‘s farm and talk to the locals and learn how they live day to day. I’ve stayed in some remarkably cool places -none were super-luxurious or needed to be.

I checked out the pricing of FS Orlando at WDW, WOW talk about pricey. I wouldn't be doing that too often if at all. It better be nice for the prices I was seeing. For the end of Jan 2023, the prices ranged from $1,811 to $7,869 per night. Now that's pricey!
I'm not sure why it's that high, I've stayed twice in the last year or so and both times were around 1k a night, lowest single nights at 900ish and highest at 1200 ..that price range is where I consider it to be competitive with monorail/epcot resorts

A room for tonight is $1060

Last edited:
What you pay for at a Disney resort, is Staying at Disney.

No driving, no parking, all the other stuff that most people don't think about when staying on I drive.

Yes the Magical express is gone, but the value on not having to worry about logistics is huge.

Being able to go back to the hotel or the pool and beat the mid day heat is huge.

When Extra Magic Hours were a thing (rumor is the have started to come back) is was awesome to walk for the park to a hotel and just be done at 2 am.

And Frankly, by in large the Disney Resorts are keep to a higher standard than most of the other hotels and resort I have stayed at in the greater Orlando area.

So convince, and quality are what you are paying for.......

When I go on vacation I want to relax, I don't want to worry about logistics, that is what I do at work.
When I go on vacation I sure as hell will not stay at a hotel of lower quality than I do at work.

So to the OP question, If you haven't tried it, maybe you should. I would recommend renting DVC points and enjoying yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter