Lunch reservation time?

Myhandsfull

Earning My Ears
Hi, everyone. We are going to be in WDW from 9/4-9/14, got free QSDP which we upgraded to DDP. We are a party of 6 with four big eaters (three teen boys). We have been to Disney four times in the past, and love the dining plan for the option to order basically whatever they want and to know the trip is paid for.

This time, we have booked almost all of our TS meals at lunch. The logic is that it will be super hot mid-day and we will want a break anyway, we will have flexibility to eat QS for dinner around ride times, and lines are shorter when everyone else is at dinner. Given that, what time is a good reservation time for lunch? Right now, we have a lot of 12:00 ADRs but I’m thinking maybe 2:00 would be better?? Should I try to modify?

Is lunchtime TS even a good idea?

Thanks,

Dana

That's our plan, with the exception of a couple of TS experiences we wanted that are ONLY dinner. We are there at the end of August/beginning of Sept and are coordinating our days to have as much inside time midday as possible whether it's a dining experience or a ride where the queue is mostly inside.

I think it might depend to some extent on what time you plan on arriving at the park. If you're "sleeping in" and arriving at 10:00 for instance, a noon ADR might be a little early, but 2:00 pm might be perfect. Flip it around if you're rope dropping or hitting an EMH morning. We were at MK last September on a blistering hot Wednesday. We rose early for a PPO BOG breakfast with a planned ADR for Skipper's Canteen at 2:00 PM. The heat/humidity drained the life out of us Mainers so by 1:00 PM we were the living equivalent of a mass of soggy napkins - thankfully the Jungle Navigation gods took pity on us and we were able to be seated an hour early for our reservation. Which was just what we needed! Have a crazy great trip!

We tend to eat our main meal of the day either as a late lunch or an early dinner during the hot season and it works well for our group (normally 2 adults and 2 kids, one now 13.5 and the other around 10) no matter what time of the year. We do not rope drop.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter