Lunch Opinions on these 3 Restaurants

CHIPSTER

DIS Veteran
I am 1 of 4. 3 of my group have decided on Teppan Ido; however I do not like Japanese or Chinese Food. I have 3 restaurants in mind for lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern - ate there years ago when the characters were dressed in colonial garb, Be Our Guest QS lunch - people I know did not like the food at lunch and Tony's - never eaten there in the 30 years I have been going to Disney. Which would you chose - I am leaning toward trying a new restaurant. We have a couple of ressies at EPCOT so I don't want to eat there.

A meal at Teppan Edo does not have to include sushi or tempura, if those are the types of food you do not enjoy. The meal itself is essentially meat, seafood or veggies cooked on a hot grill.

Liberty Tree food is decent - it's ala carte at lunch instead of family style.
BOG - I do not care for the food or atmosphere at lunch
Tony's - haven't been in 20 years, but the experiences then were not great

I like a few places at MK resorts - Whispering Canyon or Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge and the Kona Cafe at the Poly.

Tony's has gotten some bad press but lately has received some pretty good reviews so I'd probably go there. I'm not a fan of BOG, I feel it's overpriced for what you get. I'm also not a fan of the choices at Liberty Tavern.

I really enjoy Be Our Guest lunch. It's a quick service, but you'll need an ADR. It's nice to get out of the heat and have a place to relax. It's also really pretty inside and should be experienced at least once. I haven't been to the other two places so can't give opinions on them. I had heard bad things about Tony's though.

We enjoy lunch at LTT and have only been to dinner at Tony’s which we enjoy so I imagine it is similar at lunch.

We tried Tony’s in March for lunch and really liked it! We were surprised by how much we liked it. DH and I got to sit out on the patio and got to watch the parade. The bread before the meal was sooo good! I’m not sure how different it would be eating inside.

We did BOG lunch last year and I wasn’t impressed. I had the turkey sandwich and it seemed plain. The fries that came with it weren’t anything special. The strawberry cupcake was good though.

From among these choices I'd probably go with Teppan Edo, but since you say you don't like that cuisine, my second choice from these would be LTT, even though they don't have characters any more. I didn't like the lunch food at BOG or Tony's.

Of the 3 choices LTT would be mine. BOG atmosphere is out of this world, but the lunch food is just so so. Tonys is good but can be hit or miss often.

I have a picky family and they all love Teppan Edo, You can ask that your food be sauce free, or just plain... we did that for my youngest one year, also my mom has some dietary restriction and they cooked their food away from the rest, basically it was just chicken cooked on the flat top, they also have scallops, steak, shrimp, that you could go with, plain... and order a side of veggies and/or lo-mien plain I think that these are cooked in the kitchen more steamed... I think you can still get white sticky rice, if you don't like the brown rice. Its a really fun spot, and I would hate you to miss out on it. Check out the menu...

Out of the other 3 LTT would be my choice, or if your all going to be in epcot, sunshine season has a great menu while QS it has some interesting choices.

My picky family always have dinner at Teppan Edo. My daughter loves to watch them cook and the food is simple enough that my husband is okay with it (meat, rice, veggies....).
I have to admit I haven't been to Tony's since they stopped serving breakfast and have no interest on going based on the reviews.
BOG just doesn't sound very appetizing to me.
I do like LTT though. If I had to choose a TS at MK then it would be LTT.
I usually prefer to only do QS in MK and would go to a nearby hotel for a TS.

Are you looking for a place for yourself to go to on your own while the others go to Teppan Edo or are you asking all of them to change? There is a lot of variety at Teppan Edo and if 3/4 want to go there and you all want to eat together I'd do my best to meet their wishes. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

If you are considering going on your own for lunch to one of the places you mentioned, I'm sure you're well aware that they are all located in a different park from Teppan Edo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter