• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lunch character meal

Jenny

DIS Veteran
i have never been to WDW w/ kids - i'll be traveling w/ my 2 DDs in feb. - 7 months & almost 3. DH isn't crazy about breakfast food & i'm assuming dinner costs more than lunch. we're on a budget & would like to find a character meal at lunch time. any recommendations? thanks.

off the top of my head I can't think of a character lunch BUT I really recommend just making a late PS for a breakfast one. PSB offers times past 11am now. We did a 10:50 character brunch in May and it was wonderful. Though if its the food that's the issue, you might have problems...

All that to say, go to www.allearsnet.com and ALL character meals are listed under dining. You can check out menu selections, prices, times, etc.

you're lunch options are pretty limited.
Crystal Palace, MK.... great food(buffet), service and Characer interaction. Winnie the Pooh characters

Garden Grill, Epcot.... Haven't eaten here. Gets mixed reviews. Mickey chip and Dale. Preplated menu.

I highly recommend Crystal Palace for lunch. We thought the food was excellent. The character interaction was great also. My DD 12 months at the time was very afraid of the characters. We just motioned them not to "talk" to her and they just "talked" to my DS. My DD will be 23 months coming up on our Christmas trip I am hoping she likes them now. :earsboy:

I also second the idea to try a late breakfast at some of the character meals. This often leaves us full until late in the day.

The only 2 character lunches I know of are: Crystal Palace in the MK & Garden Grill in Epcot.

We love Crystal Palace for breakfast - it's our favorite one at WDW! :) We also enjoy dinner there, but haven't tried lunch.

We also really enjoy the Garden Grill for lunch in Epcot. We saw Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale here & the characters were some of the best we saw all trip! The food is also pretty good here - give it a try! :)

Another vote for the Crystal Palace for lunch for a character meal. I'm not a huge fan of the Garden Grill at the Land.

Sue Ellen

Here's another vote for the Crystal Palace for lunch. The food is good, the restaurant is light and airy, and the younger kids seem to love Pooh and his pals. We were there with our 3 and 1 year old a few weeks ago and they really enjoyed it.

The lunch is filling enough that you can save money by having a light dinner.

Crystal Palace for lunch is our favorite character meal. We always get a PS around 11:30 and it lasts us until we have a light dinner.

thank you to everyone - that's exactly what we're looking to do - eat a good & FUN lunch then have a light dinner & hopefully save some money in the process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter