Luggage was not loaded onto plane on our way home...used RAC at Disney

In this case, guests whose luggage wasn't on the flight came from several different resorts. Far too coincidental that so many different carts of luggage originating from so many different resorts would all just happen not to get on the truck or trucks, miss the flight, and not arrive at one airport.
Have to agree. As I said earlier, I'm assuming one baggage truck made several stops, probably early in the day. Those bags all got put aside, in a storage facility as mentioned earlier, and just forgotten. Probably an 'Oh, crap. We forgot that earlier truck delivery!' moment. It happens. We're all humans, mistakes happen.

Please, going forward, do not check your delicate, life-saving, and very expensive electronic equipment. Cpap machines are to be carried on. And they don't count towards your carryon limit!

I couldn't agree more. My parents both use one and always carry them on. :thumbsup2
Never check meds, valuables, electronics, or anything else that would make you cringe if you saw your bag being dropped & tossed about.

Have to agree. As I said earlier, I'm assuming one baggage truck made several stops, probably early in the day. Those bags all got put aside, in a storage facility as mentioned earlier, and just forgotten. Probably an 'Oh, crap. We forgot that earlier truck delivery!' moment. It happens. We're all humans, mistakes happen.
Agreed. Luggage was transferred to RSF, sorted and set aside for later insertion in main terminal. Bags either forgot those bags, sorted for that Southwest flight, or terminal was backed up with luggage and it wasn't processed.

One of the issues before Southwest agreed to participate with RAC was timing of the insertion of bags in the luggage system. Southwest didn't want bags hours before flight time. We'll never know who is really to blame.

Yup. A bag containing only medical equipment doesn't count toward your carry on allowance.

So my bag must contain my cpap machine only?

Can the bag include an extension cord for my cpap (I'm going on a cruise, and there are few electrical outlets in my cabin)?

How about something like a pair of socks (to save a little space in my suitcase)?

Can the bag include an extension cord for my cpap (I'm going on a cruise, and there are few electrical outlets in my cabin)?

How about something like a pair of socks (to save a little space in my suitcase)?

It cannot contain a pair of socks (or any other clothing) - for pretty much the reason you gave for wanting to do it :) The free allowance doesn't benefit you beyond the equipment.

I think that the extension cord would be okay (since it could be seen as part of the equipment), but not sure of the official rules there.

It cannot contain a pair of socks (or any other clothing) - for pretty much the reason you gave for wanting to do it :) The free allowance doesn't benefit you beyond the equipment.

I think that the extension cord would be okay (since it could be seen as part of the equipment), but not sure of the official rules there.

I have always kept my extension cord in my CPAP bag. I have never tried to put personal items in it, but all of my CPAP supplies, extension cord, etc. have always been allowed.

Dh always has a cord in there. The cpap carrying cases are pretty small. And the only person who would be checking on it would be a FA (TSA doesn't care) and that would only happen if it were obvious.

Not sure how a pair of socks would save that much room in a carryon, I'd rather put them in a jacket pocket if you need them for the flight. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter