Luggage transfers between Disney hotels

lizaisabel

Mouseketeer
I am considering doing a split stay. Disney still transferring the luggage between hotel? I did it before Covid but wasn’t sure if still doing it. Thank you!!!🎆

I am considering doing a split stay. Disney still transferring the luggage between hotel? I did it before Covid but wasn’t sure if still doing it. Thank you!!!🎆

Yes, Disney will still transfer luggage between Disney resorts. The only recent change is they will no longer transport items requiring refrigeration, but luggage/dry goods/etc, it's status quo.

I heard that they won't transfer the luggage unless it's given to bell services the night before? That doesn't make much sense since that luggage would be needed in the morning. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks,
Dee

That is not correct.
Thank you, Therefore, we should be able to drop off our bags in the morning at check out to bell services, go about our day and expect the bags to be at the next resort at check in? This would be a relief. We have transferred resorts in the past and I remember it going like this....

we should be able to drop off our bags in the morning at check out to bell services, go about our day and expect the bags to be at the next resort at check in?

Just a warning, the bags may not be at your new resort yet, depending what time you check in. In September, we moved from POFQ to Yacht Club. A few days later we moved to Grand Floridian. Bell services at both FQ & YC told us they transfer luggage between 1 & 5 pm, so it might not be available for us until 5. We checked at about 3 pm at each new resort & our luggage was already there. But there is the possibility you won’t get it til later.

When your luggage arrives at the new location, do you pick it up at the front desk, or is it delivered to your room?

Thanks everyone! We will be using this service. We have a 12:30 DR at Steakhouse 71 and then we’ll head over to Riviera resort for afternoon coffee. Luggage should be there by that time.

Dee

Thanks everyone! We will be using this service. We have a 12:30 DR at Steakhouse 71 and then we’ll head over to Riviera resort for afternoon coffee. Luggage should be there by that time.

Dee
It may not arrive until 4 or even 5 PM, so keep with you anything you’d need before that time, such as swim things, change of clothes for dinner, or medications. (I keep my prescription meds with me for sure.)

It may not arrive until 4 or even 5 PM, so keep with you anything you’d need before that time, such as swim things, change of clothes for dinner, or medications. (I keep my prescription meds with me for sure.)
Definitely! In fact, it's possible it could arrive later than 5:00 since DVC rooms are supposedly ready by 4:00 (but may not be for a currently popular resort like RIV, esp. if a studio).

A what-if plan is a very good idea if unfamiliar with the resort you're moving to. We check YT video tours, looking for lobby or courtyard seating set aside from trafficked areas in case we need a place to wait comfortably--as in have a nap.

When your luggage arrives at the new location, do you pick it up at the front desk, or is it delivered to your room?
You just call bell services or stop at its desk on the way in.

You must be in your room for it to be delivered.
In all of my planning, I scheduled time for my son to do his schoolwork, forgot he is going to have to bring his Ipad. On our transfer day I'm going to have to lug that stupid thing to the park.

Lat time I transfered luggage and i believe it was before Covid I was told AFTER 5. I do not recall what time it got there but I know it was in fact after 5 as we did not get our room until almost 5, I checked before going to the room.

Thank you, Therefore, we should be able to drop off our bags in the morning at check out to bell services, go about our day and expect the bags to be at the next resort at check in? This would be a relief. We have transferred resorts in the past and I remember it going like this....
I expect it to arrive by 6pm. But I don’t plan anything that evening (like a fancy dinner) in case there is a delay.

So we decided to take a Lyft from one resort to the other, and took our luggage with us. So easy, we were prepared to leave it with bell services but one of our two rooms was ready on arrival (tower studio) so we left it all there and went about our day.

Was very easy for an adult party

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter