Luggage check in to the airport?

vwlfan

DIS Veteran
Hi,

The service where you could check your luggage at the resort and it would be checked in at the airport was a terrific one.

I have a feeling it was canceled. Can anyone verify whether it still exists /?TIA

Hi,

The service where you could check your luggage at the resort and it would be checked in at the airport was a terrific one.

I have a feeling it was canceled. Can anyone verify whether it still exists /?TIA
It does not. Sadly, the company that handled the RAC went out of business. I really loved not having to check my bags at the airport.

It well may return at some point as it was somewhat of a hidden gem of a service but as @Marionnette posted above RAC was yet another victim of 2020 and Covid-19.

Maybe it will return as part of the new Mears offering in January 2022 that replaces DME.

Dave

Bags, Inc - the company that provided resort airline check in - did not go out of business, Disney just discontinued the service.

Bags, Inc is a national company that does various things for all sorts of travel companies. Disney still uses Bags for things like valet and some bell services functions.

Bags also provides services, such as luggage delivery, direct to consumers. For a price, of course.

BAGS, Inc, has not gone out of business. They were sold to another company in late 2018. They laid off several hundred employees in Oct 2020 due to the pandemic, but they are still in business.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter