Luau or HDD

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
Planning ahead for our Week before Christmas 2005 trip... Which would you book for our group... 4 Adults 5 kids ages Girls 6,5,2 and boys 4,2.

We have done HHD with a last minute reservation last year, and we were too far away for the kids to 'get into' the show. So we hope that booking it 13 months in advance will bring us closer to the action.

Which did you like.... And is the Luau outdoors? WOuld the weather be a consideration?

Thanks!

I would do HDD.
reasons:
:) Great entertainmant for the whole family. Mention on your PS and when you get to the HDD any birthdays and anniversaries.

inside - great for any type of weather
Food to the liking of young kids - nothing gourmet. Rids, fried chicken, beans, corn - but a bit spicy, soda, milk, water, wine. And for pickey eaters- or special diets- you can get pizza, veggie platter, no salt foods, etc ...just tell then HDD 48 (or was it 24) hours ahead of time. Again, mention it when you make your PS.

Be prepared for funny slapstick - you will even see your sever dance when the strawberry short cake is served for desert.

Do make PS up to 2 years ahead of time - better seats, the earlier you do your PS.

earlier show may be best for under 7 crowd

boat ride from MK to HDD is a fun way to start

Buses (or boat) are easy to find for ride back to the resort

You can do a hay ride after the earlier HDD show

There are cute 'Indian/Western' motif gift carts out side the HDD
to look at or buy items

Best show at WDW - my DS never laughed so hard (at age 10)

My DH even said the coffee was not bad

own table to sit at with your family - theyt can sit 2 people or 12 people

LUAU
;) Fun show - very Polynesian - fire eaters, hula dancers

Wedding and Anniversary couples go up on stage to dance

Birthday kids pile up on stage and do the hula (sort of)

Food is OK. We were not thrilled at the selection

no choice of alternate meals

nothing to do while waiting to get into the Luau

picture taken had the sun in our eyes

long way back to the Dolphin - monorail then bus

a bit cool in the evening

if it rains to hard - then the show is cancelled - I am not sure about refunds

if it rains and the show goes on and you sit near the stage,
you will get wet

you sit at a long table with other families - can be good or bad

:teeth: Just my 2 cents

I think the HDD is much more entertaining than the Luau, especially for little ones. We took our girls when they were 4 and 5 and they still vividly remember the show. (Of course it didn't hurt that their mother was on stage doing the can-can donned in an over-the-top pink feather extravaganza of a costume!) We went to the Luau last August, and thought the food was mediocre and the show a tad boring.

HDD is the much better choice for the younger set.
The Luau is ok, but when our DS and DD were your kids' ages, they were bored silly when we went. The only thing they liked was when the dancers danced with fire. If you want to do something at the Poly, do OHanas. There are coconut races and hula hoop contests for the younger set every 40 minutes or so. And the variety of food is more kid-friendly.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter