• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luau at the Poly....What did you think??

BC

DIS Veteran
I read some post a while back saying the Luau was not so great. Has anyone tried it lately. If so, how was it and what was served?

On our most recent trip we stayed at the Poly, so we felt trying the Luau was a "must" to go along with the ambiance...

The food was decent, but it wasn't the best meal we've experienced. The salad and bread were yummy, and that was followed by ribs, baked chicken, rice, and veggies. The dessert is hard to describe...some sort of cake/pudding volcanoes. We enjoyed the "presentation" of dessert but it didn't taste that great.

Now the show is divided up into three acts and it starts while you are eating. The basic premise is there's a young girl who returns home from the "big city" and her wise aunt encourages her to remember her heritage. The first two acts aren't too exciting, but the third act includes the best performances, including a talented fire twirler.

Would we go to the Luau again? Probably not. Are we glad we tried it? Yes...like I mentioned before...it just seemed "right" since we were staying at the Poly.

Hope this helps...

We loved it. It was great! We enjoy the food and the show. My daughter went up in all her hula girl gear and learned the hula on stage. We are planning to go back. It is definitely one of those things where some love it and some hate it. It is something everyone has to try to form their own opinion. We personally love it.

We are going to Disney World in February and made reservations for the Luau. We'd never been to one, and thought this would be nice. Anyone know how long the show lasts (our reservations are for the 5:15 show)? We will be going to MK that day. Do we need to take transportation to the Luau or can we walk?

Thanks in advance. These boards are great and this is my first time posting.:D

Kristin

Just hop on the monorail at MK and ride it around to the Poly! Make sure you get on the resort monorail though!

Or take the small resort boat across the lake to the Poly (I LOVE the boats ---- very relaxing). The boat lands near Luau Cove.

LaGirl --

I was told when I booked the luau this morning that it lasts about 2 hours.

Welcome to the Boards!

I did the luau in May. I'm glad I did it, but it isn't one of those things I'm going to have to do everytime. The food was good, the show was OK. I was just happy to stroll the beach at the Poly. I like to see the different resorts and hope I get to stay in each one someday.

There are a few vacation traditions for my family at WDW: Luau, Hoop-Dee-Doo, and V&A's. We do those just about every single vacation. On our upcoming vacation, we are looking forward to experiencing the new Luau. I just love viewing those male Hula dancers' legs...*sigh*... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter