Low-key spin-off!! Best concert you have seen?

This is mine! Still one of my favorite albums too. I did know who they were though ;)

Also Dream Theater at the Pantages Theater in 2004 - I could watch them for hours and hours
I had no idea what I was in for, haha.

Second to my “Elton on his piano, joined by his percussionist” concert would have to be seeing Paul McCartney in about 2005. I’ve adored him since I was 3 and never thought I’d get to see him in person. We spent a small fortune for great seats, but it was money well spent. His voice was still incredible and the whole night was a dream come true.

Some of my favorites have been Johnny Mathis performing mostly his holiday catalog + several of his biggest non holiday hits; Smoky Robinson in a smaller theater style venue; Pat Metheny, Michael McDonald, Heart, Steve Winwood -- all on memorable and gorgeous summer nights at an outdoor amphitheater; Diana Ross bringing down the house at a huge arena. I think the best is probably Jon Luc Ponty, once at the outdoor amphitheater, once at the gorgeous Fox Theater.

All the concerts I loved: (can't come up with a single favorite)

Elton John
Queen
Paul Simon
Dierks Bentley
Trace Atkins
Rod Stewart
Band Perry

Def Lepard in the late 1980's. Awesome concert. Saw Keith Urban last summer and he is a great entertainer. Garth Brooks was really good too!

The second Stones American tour here in Chicago, 1964. It was at the original Arie Crown Theater at the original McCormick Place before it burned down. Seating capacity was under 5,000 :cool2: . This week and last week the Stones played at Soldier Field, 60,000+ seating/standing. :scared1: :faint:

Here is the total 1964 set list.

1. "Not Fade Away"
  2. "Walking The Dog"
  3. "If You Need Me"
  4. "Carol"
  5. "Time Is On My Side"
  6. "Around and Around
  7. "Tell Me"
  8. "It's All Over Now"
  9. "Hi-Heel Sneakers"
  10. "You Can Make It If You Try"
  11. "I'm A King Bee"
  12. "I'm Alright"

Sorry to hear that about Billy Ray. I went to HS with him (about 2 years ahead of me) and he was a good guy when we knew him.
I just didn't go to watching him shake his butt to hear the woman scream (over and over and over). If wanted to watch that I would go to a chippendale show.

Definitely Foo Fighters last year in Boston. They played for 3 hours and it was fantastic! Dave Grohl, man, when he first came out I swear he acknowledged every single member of the audience. He stood in front of every section and I swear he looked at every person in that section with his arm up and nodding. He's the best!!

Second place goes to the Stones in 1981. That was a blast!

I haven't been to many concerts but my all time favourite was Roger Waters performing The Wall in 2012. This is my all time favourite album, a go to regardless of my mood (but particularly good when feeling moody), and this show really delivered. I had tears first half of the show as I sang along with Roger, the rest of the band were great (though no Gilmour was a shame and noticeable). The set was also brilliant as they built the wall through the first half of the show.

I also saw him last year and that was a spectacular show as well, but not quite as good as The Wall.

Other notable concerts have been The Who in 2009 - was worried a lack of Keith Moon was going to be an issue but it was fine. I came away with a new appreciation for the skills of Pete Townshend and the amazing sounds he got from his guitars. And Neil Young visited with Crazy Horse in 2013, there was some criticism of that show as he played a lot from his new album, but I came prepared (checked the setlists) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Worst:

Kiss- Only show I’ve ever walked out of.
That's ironic, 2 of the 3 KISS concerts I went to, I'd rank as my two favorite shows.
I'm just not sure if my favorite was seeing them in 94 (for the first time) when I was in the front row of general admission, or when I saw then 2 years later, when they put the make up back on and brought Ace and Peter back.
My third favorite was Star Wars in Concert back in 2009.

That's ironic, 2 of the 3 KISS concerts I went to, I'd rank as my two favorite shows.
I'm just not sure if my favorite was seeing them in 94 (for the first time) when I was in the front row of general admission, or when I saw then 2 years later, when they put the make up back on and brought Ace and Peter back.
My third favorite was Star Wars in Concert back in 2009.
Anthrax opened for them and just brought the house down. Standing O for a good twenty minutes. Paul Stanley seemed to take offense to this. He was petulant and bratty and from there the whole show just fell apart. It was like watching a bunch of four year olds have a temper tantrum. We weren’t the only ones to walk out.

This thread got me thinking, and I realize I’ve been to a lot of great concerts across all music genres - Frank Sinatra, U2, Billy Joel with Elton both together and separate, Rod Stewart, Guns and Roses when they opened for Rolling Stones, Neil Diamond, Huey Lewis,the Wiggles - major stars all!!! 🤣

But seriously, I couldn’t pick one that was the best but now I realize how fortunate I’ve been. 😊👍🏻

Dolly Parton was extremely entertaining, and I love how she interacted with the audience and just told stories during the show. Garth had a ton of energy, so I enjoyed his show as well. And then there's New Kids on the Block, where I turn into such a fan girl every time I see them (going to see them for the 4th time next week).
To the poster who saw John Denver - I am SO JEALOUS. I was only 13 when he died, so I never got to see him in concert. He is my all time favorite artist. I once saw a guy perform named Ted Vigil, who is a John Denver look alike That was a great time.

I've seen many concerts over my 67 years. The best, hands down, was John Denver! Amazing concert.

I'm seeing him Sunday!
You’re in for a great night. He performed for three hours. It was high energy and flawless. He has the most amazing dance troupe. The choir had me in tears. We were in the sixth row and I could see his sweat and spit. Phenomenal. I’m trying to figure out how to get to Boston to see him again in October.

I seen all the big concerts of the 80s, and go every once in a while afterwards, but I really didnt like any of them, hw do you have fun in a big crowd like that, I feel the same way about sporting events, with all that junk being said I liked Donnie and Marie in Vegas, it was comfortable, funny and entertaining

Second to my “Elton on his piano, joined by his percussionist” concert would have to be seeing Paul McCartney in about 2005. I’ve adored him since I was 3 and never thought I’d get to see him in person. We spent a small fortune for great seats, but it was money well spent. His voice was still incredible and the whole night was a dream come true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter