Lovely EI rental! Friendly/helpful owner!

TravelinGal

DIS Veteran
This post is two fold -
first just to share good information
second to try and find the person who I was PM'ing about this owner.

(This other DIS'er is renting from the same owner next April - hope you see this - I'm sorry I lost your name! Home owner is Karen S in New York.)

We just got back last Sunday and I wanted to tell you how lovely the rental house we stayed in was!

This is the rental I am discussing below:
http://www.vrbo.com/74118

There were a few glitches, but those were related to the management company. Karen said she is going with a new company when this contract is up.

The home was clean and nicely furnished. Everything was as promised between the owners and myself.

The two problems we had were
1) the management company had removed HER pack n play (because they rent them out for more $ when booking through them instead of through the owner) - and when they brought me one (day 2) it was filthy (not the brand new one she had personally put in the home just 2 weeks prior). Had to call again and get a clean one. Karen was very helpful with this.
2) pool heat was not turned on. got that on, but they still didn't turn on the spa heat. That was done on day 3 (of a 10 day trip). Again, Karen was very helpful in dealing with the local management company.

My warning is to watch out for Fanfair Properties management company. They were the cause of the problems, not the home owner. Although, when we needed the brand new highchair put together, the man who came over to assemble it was very courteous and friendly. And the home was clean/well cared for, so I'd almost wager that the management of the management company is more to blame than the workers. (just thinking "out loud")

Anyway - we would gladly rent from them again.

Just a bump in hopes that whoever I was PM'ing with (but lost the PM/name) will see it. ;)

Bump.gif

kilee said:
The home photo's are gorgeous.

They are! And that is exactly how the home looked! (I've heard sometimes what they show and what you get are vastly different!)

just a bump in case someone is wanting a lovely rental home with reliable owners in Emerald Island. :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting. The home looks lovely! We will be staying in a 5 br in Emerald Island over New Year's. How did you enjoy the resort itself?

TIA,

Excellent!
Always great to have another report about a lovely home, and a great owner to rent from :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I'm going to bump your review up to the Reviews Board...

:sunny:

CindyAnn - honestly, we didn't do much at Emerald Island. We ended up getting a nasty bug (took us down one at a time, so we were sick for about 6 of our 10 days) so we put all our energy into the parks (what energy we had left anyway).

I have to say, if you're gonna get sick on vacation, it's much nicer to be in a home where you have a private bathroom
OnTheCan.gif
Embarrassed.gif
- and other family members who aren't sick can still find something to do.

Sorry to hear you got sick on holiday, TravelinGal. That's happened to my DS on our last 2 Disney vacations, and it's not fun! I can see that even being sick, however, would be easier in a vacation home that in a hotel. Thanks for your response, and hope your next Disney trip is a healthy one!

Cheers,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter