Loved, Loved Hong Kong Disneyland

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
Yes it was small but it was wonderful. My daughter and I really enjoyed the park. Mystic Manor was amazing, and we just enjoyed everything. We both liked the Lion King because it is different from Florida, but we both agreed we liked the one in Florida better.
The castle seems so small, even smaller than the one in California, but having the mountains in the background just make it much more magical.
We enjoyed our stay at the Hollywood Hotel, we had dinner at Chef Mickey's our first night and we did enjoy the food and the selections were over whelming! I was not impressed by the selections at Hollywood and Dine.
We only ate one meal in the park, our last day we had lunch at the Main Street Corner Café, my daughter has been in China since November and wanted a hamburger, so that is what we both had for lunch. We did have the caramel popcorn for a snack which was delicious.
We went into Hong Kong just to roam around a bit, and also went to Ngong Ping and road the sky rail up to see the Buddha, it was foggy at the Buddha but still quite a sight to see.
The rail system was fabulous and thanks to previous posts I knew how to travel. We bought a tourist 24 hour pass for 55 HKD each and it was perfect for what we needed.
We did take the taxi to and from the airport which was fast and convenient. Going to Disneyland it was about $131 HKD, going back to the airport it was only $113 HKD and that was with $10 extra for putting our luggage in the trunk, I am not sure why it was cheaper to go to the airport, perhaps the terminals are closer.
But I would recommend going to Hong Kong Disneyland it was a great experience. I told my daughter if she is still in China next year, I may plan on going back to Hong Kong Disneyland and include Shanghai as well

Glad you had fun. Hoping to be there in Jan/Feb after our adoption is finalized on the mainland. Crossing my fingers we can get a couple of rooms on points!

:thumbsup2 Glad you enjoyed it!

I haven't been there since the big expansions, but it's still a quaint and relaxing park, especially when its not crowded.

Hong Kong is very nice also...lots of fun things and amazing food

Thanks for sharing! We just returned from Tokyo Disney Resort and I'm already dreaming of Disneyland Hong Kong. Tentatively planned for 2016.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter