Lovebugs and the CSR pool

jse107

Mouseketeer
Well, I've been lurking for the past few weeks trying to gather as much info as I can for our upcoming trip (Sept. 12-16th). My husband and I will be traveling with our 3 year-old and staying at CSR. I'm super-excited except for one thing...

Lovebugs. :scared:

I had NO IDEA that it would be lovebug season when we're going and am freaking out a little bit. I had been planning to enjoy the pool at CSR in the afternoons before we napped and headed back out, but now it seems that plan may be out.

Can anyone tell me what to realistically expect? I need to prepare myself, but more importantly our 3 year-old!

They're ubiquitous, but really don't bother much of anything except the paint on cars.

they are harmless. My suggestion would be to wear non white shoes. They seem to like anything white. I think they are gross but completely harmless. Don't let it ruin your trip, ignore them if you can- ha!!

They're ubiquitous, but really don't bother much of anything except the paint on cars.

Hey buffalo person:

Are you leaving for disney on 11/30? Where are you staying- I am staying at Coronado Springs, the first time there. What airline are you flying? We are flying southwest- their 7:30am flight, love southwest- non stop to Orlando- we will be in disney by 11 o'clock.

At first last year we were annoyed by them but then got used to them and it did not impact our stay for the negative. I hardly noticed them at the pools. More so around our room door and on the walkways.

They don't bite or make a sound, just hang out attached to each other! Dh and I kidded about all the Love In The Air. LOL

Take Care!

The love bugs don't sting or bite or anything. They are just there do make more little love bugs. I think the biggest obsticle the little guys (and gals) have is that they are black and black bugs seem to bother people just by existing.

You can't use bug repellant on the love bugs. And they don't stay put for that long so trying to smash every single one of them you see is going to be impossible. About the only thing you are going to do is raise your blood pressure. We just live with them and are looking forward to seeing them in a couple of weeks. Hope they are there or we'll be disappointed (and I'm not being sarcastic).

Are you leaving for disney on 11/30? Where are you staying- I am staying at Coronado Springs, the first time there. What airline are you flying? We are flying southwest- their 7:30am flight, love southwest- non stop to Orlando- we will be in disney by 11 o'clock.

Yup, I'm on the early non-stop on November 30th -- staying at FW in my DSis RV and a couple of days at SOG.

Southwest is great! Maybe I'll see you on the flight. I'll be the goofy looking guy with no hair. I expect to be in Epcot drinking beer by 1:00!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Thanks everyone! I guess we'll play it by ear, but it doesn't sound that the pool is going to automatically be out.

I'm so, so excited! Seeing My 3 year-olds reaction to everything is going to be priceless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter