Love bugs!!!

ChadsGirl

Mouseketeer
Here now at Windsor Hills and the love bugs are terrible!! We’ve been to Orlando many times (including this time of year) and have never experienced these before! They are swarming all over everything at the pool. Any tips for dealing with them?

They seem to be attracted to the color white, so avoid wearing white T-shirts if you can. Otherwise, you just have to deal with it. At least they don’t bite . . .

I second the advise about the car washing, especially if driving the interstate. They are horrible to get off if you let them sit and will definitely pit your paint.

Ah i will be there during Memorial week until mid June. I hope they will gone by that time.

Here now and they are the worst I've ever seen them in the parks. We come every May and this year is different. So far we've done AK and Epcot and they were everywhere. Better than mosquitoes, though! :thumbsup2

Here now and they are the worst I've ever seen them in the parks. We come every May and this year is different. So far we've done AK and Epcot and they were everywhere. Better than mosquitoes, though! :thumbsup2
Oh man, this is not good news at all. I wonder how long they will stay this bad. I hope we can still enjoy our trip. At least a couple people in my group could be seriously freaked out by swarms of bugs all over. I guess we should have stuck with August. We were worried about the heat, but now it sounds like we'll get the heat AND love bugs to boot! Sigh.

I wouldn’t worry too much as they’re harmless and you can easily flick them away. They’re just way more noticeable this May for some reason. Usually you see zero bugs in WDW property. It’s definitely not like a swarm of gnats that hover around your head. They just kind of fly near you and away again. Gnats just swarm you.
You’ll have a great trip!

OMG I just got back from a cruise and they were ALL OVER US while we waited on our shuttle! Definitely anyone freaked out by bugs would flip their lids!!! It's one thing to have them flying all over, but the fact that they constantly are landing all over you is annoying AF! I said to my boyfriend that I couldn't IMAGINE trying to go to Disney if this was going on. A couple of people told us that a scientist bred them about 20 or 30 years ago and now they don't know how to get rid of them. I bet someone murdered said scientist! We were also told they were attracted to white and that's why they were so bad on the ships. Although one of the porters was wearing florescent yellow and he had literally HUNDREDS on his vest! It looked like a swarm of bees!

The scientist thing is a myth. That one and others debunked here: https://www.sunnysports.com/blog/debunking-common-myths-lovebug/
Oh wow! Two different people that were working there at the port told us that story. One guy even said, "We didn't have these things 20 or 30 years ago!" Just goes to show how rumors get started and people live and die by them and pass them on as fact. Sounded legit to me. lol I watch Adam Ruins everything and I tend to not believe anything at all anymore. I believe no one actually knows the truth behind anything and if they do, they're not going to tell us. Reality only exists in our own minds lol.

Oh wow! Two different people that were working there at the port told us that story. One guy even said, "We didn't have these things 20 or 30 years ago!" Just goes to show how rumors get started and people live and die by them and pass them on as fact. Sounded legit to me. lol I watch Adam Ruins everything and I tend to not believe anything at all anymore. I believe no one actually knows the truth behind anything and if they do, they're not going to tell us. Reality only exists in our own minds lol.
They were worse 30 years ago.

We were also there during that time. They were definitely bad. Maybe not the worst but they were bad. All over the news too. So annoying.

Seems like they are also attracted to to suntan lotion. They were bad by the pool but worse as soon as someone put lotion on. All I thought of was the movie The Birds. We had to get up and go in the pool.

Definitely wash the car immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter